A Crack in the Ice

Damn, this is the 30th chapter, and not even half way through the story either. I'm thinking another 30 chapters at least now. That's a lot, I know. I have a lot of work to do.

Gladions POV
The walls echoed with shouts and bangs, I tried to cover it up by pulling my pillow over my head, but it didnt really help. The colour of my room wasn't very appealing either, just purple everywhere, but that's how the whole town was. Cracks littered the ceiling, and I'm pretty sure my window was broken too. As usual, I'm sick of this town, and I've only just gotten back.
"Gladion!" a female voice shouted, as my door swung open. Plumaria stood in the doorway, leaning against the frame.

"What's up?" I asked, not even bothering to look at her.

"Where have you been?" She asked. I wasnt going to tell her, so I just shrugged. "Look, I kept quiet when I found you with that annoying kid Ash, but if you've been with him again, Guzma's gonna find out and you ain't gonna like it. I dont really care if your..." she mimicked speech marks with her fingers. "friends."

"Nah. I've been doing my gym challenge." I smirked. "Are you gonna leave me alone now?"

"Guzma needs you." She stated as she walked off.
Great, the big man wants to talk. I made my way up the main stairs, climbing over broken furniture, to a door which had 'Bossman' sprayed across it. I knocked and entered, to see Guzma in his natural position. Spread across his throne, leg dangling off one arm. He waved me forward, so I stepped towards him.

"Any news on that purple blob?" He asked me.

"Nah, its still with them on Akala." I told him, I didn't want him to touch my sister. Or Ash for that matter, but I couldn't lie, the punishment is worse.

"Huh." Was his response. I backed away towards the door, which he didnt seem to mind, until I reached for the handle. "That kid with them. Ash, I think it was." My fist clenched, hearing his name. "I like his Rockruff, theres something about it..." his Rockruff? I didn't think it was that special really. It's not even a Lycanroc yet, mine is much stronger.

Lillie's POV

The whole gang was finally back together, happiness filled us all. In front of me, Ash and Serena were holding hands as we all walked down the street. Pikachu was on Ash's shoulder, smiling to himself, in my arms was the egg given to us by Isla, and looking down into my bag, the sparkly puffball being Nebby was sleeping. Rotom was zipping around above us, flying ahead and coming back again. I couldn't help but smile, my worries about my mother disappeared in moments like these.

I seemed to be daydreaming too much, as I tripped over the curb of  the road.
Panicking, I screamed "Help!" Which grabbed Ash and Serena's attention, but didn't stop me from falling. The egg rolled out of my arms, as a crack formed in it, glowing.

"Lillie!" They both shouted back, rushing over to me. As they pulled me back to my feet, I spotted the egg had stopped rolling, now riddled with cracks. Pikachu was already stood by it, as two figures approached it.

Ash's POV

"Yo yo yo, this egg looks tasty," the figures said as they approached. Team Skull.

"Back off!" I exclaimed as I ran towards Pikachu and the egg. "Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!"

A bright yellow streak broke out of Pikachu's body, hitting the two team Skull grunts, frying them.

"Bro, what was that for?!" One said, flailing his arms around.

"Stay away from the egg, it's not yours!" Serena claimed, joining my side. I smiled and nodded at her, which she blushed at.