Versus Hala

Serena's POV

Today was the day I actually fight Hala. I was quite excited, as Hala is the strongest trainer on the island. Morelull and Braixen are pumped too. Ash and Lillie were waiting outside for Me, as they got ready earlier. I put my hat on and looked over to my two pokemon. I returned them and walked outside.

"Ready for today?" Ash asked, I nodded and skipped down the corridor.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ash's POV

I watched as my girlfriend skipped down the corridor. There it is again! I called her my girlfriend. I wonder, does she call me her boyfriend?  I said to myself. "Aren't we going to follow her?" Lillie asked me. I nodded and followed Serena.

Once we found Serena again, she was already in Iki Town, talking to Kukui. "Alola Ash, Lillie!" Kukui waved us over.

"Alola professor!" I yelled back, walking towards him. "You here to see Serena battle Hala?"

"Sure am. Good luck out there, by the way." He said, turning to Serena.

"Thanks professor."

"Serena!" A loud voice boomed across the town. On the stage, was Hala, staring her down. "Please can you come up to the stage for our battle?"

Serena slowly made her way through the crowd, and onto the stage. She stood up, looking across the town for some familiar faces.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Serena's POV

I looked across the town, to see if I could see Hau, Gladion or Gary. I didn't, but I noticed a strange girl, watching from the back of the stage. She looked similar to Ash, but Ash never mentioned anything about a relative in Alola. She noticed me looking at her and smiled.

"Are you ready to battle?" Hala said, making me jump.

"Lets do it." I smiled at him.

"This is a two on two pokemon battle between Kahuna Hala and Challenger  Serena Yvonne. Only the challenger can make substitutions. Will you both send out your first Pokemon?" The referee stated.

"Go! Morelull!" I yelled.
"Lull!"

"Mankey!" Hala yelled. A Mankey, shouldn't be too difficult.

"Dazzling Gleam then use Absorb!" Morelull's mushroom started to glow pink as the stage became more and more difficult to see. All you could hear was Mankey, shouting in pain. Morelull's stopped glowing pink as it started glowing green. The mushroom started to absorb all of Mankey's power.

"Now, Karate Chop." Hala stated calmly. His Mankey jumped forward, with his hand held high and struck Morelull with the Karate Chop.

Morelull looked injured, so I instructed her to use Moonlight. Now Morelull looks healthy again, although, Mankey now looks tired.

"Use Dazzling Gleam again!" I told her. The dazzling gleam struck once more, knocking the Mankey out cold.

"Mankey is unable to battle! That means Morelull is the winner! Hala, can you send out your next Pokemon?" I returned Morelull to rest, and let Braixen have a battle. "The challenger has swapped Morelull for Braixen! Will this help?"

I looked back over to Hala, who now had his pokemon out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lillie's POV

Ash was watching the battle intently, and maybe going a bit overboard with cheering. As Hala threw Crabrawler's Pokeball out, Ash signalled Rotom to scan it.

Crabrawler
The Boxing Pokemon

Gender
Male

While guarding its weak points with its pincers, it looks for an opening and unleashes punches. When it loses, it foams at the mouth and faints.

Moves
Power-Up Punch
Close Combat
Pursuit
Leer

Ability
Iron Fist

"Oh dear. Close Combat, Iron Fist and Power-Up Punch? This is one strong Crabrawler." I stated.

"Of course! It's not a challenge if it was easy!" Kukui replied, smiling.

"Serena has this in the bag. She still has Morelull, who is fully healthy thanks to Moonlight." Ash told us.

"I hope so..." I replied.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Serena's POV

"Braixen! Fire Blast!" Braixen drew the wierd symbol with her wand and launched it towards the Crabrawler. The Crabrawler stood still and allowed it to be hit.

"Power-Up Punch through the attack." Somehow, Hala was still calm, even if he is on his last Pokemon. The fire blast was about to hit when all of a sudden, Crabrawlers fist launched through the blast, destroying it. He kept going, until he hit Braixen with the power-up punch. Braixen stumbled back, but took the attack.

"Hidden Power!" I tried to stay calm, but this battle was too tense. Thousands of little blue balls flew out of Braixen's wand, surrounding Crabrawler, sending him flying.

"Crabrawler, don't you think it's time?" Hala said. Crabrawler turned to face Braixen again, when the Crystal on Hala's wrist started to glow red. "All Out Pummelling!" Hala started to shout.

Thousands of arms shot out of Crabrawler and started beating Braixen to a pulp. After the arms stopped hitting Braixen, she collapsed on the ground, unconsious.

"Braixen is unable to battle! Which means Crabrawler is the winner! Serena, can you send out your next Pokemon?" I looked back at Morelull's Pokeball, and threw it onto the battlefield.

"Lull!"

"Morelull! Moonlight, quick." I yelled, wanting to have Morelull at full stength.

"Close Combat." The crab reached Morelull and started to beat her to the ground. Morelull got back up and looked to me for another command.

"Dazzling Gleam!" A pink light filled the stage and made Crabrawler fall to its knees. "Absorb!" Because it was on its knees, the Crabrawler had no use of its boxing gloves and as Morelull was using Absorb, Crabrawler collapsed to the ground, fainted.

"Crabrawler is unable to battle! Which means Serena and Morelull are the victors!" I ran onto the battlefield and hugged Morelull. I could tell she was happy, because she chirped into my shoulder. Two large feet made me look up to see Hala, with his hand out to help me up. I accepted and got up.

"You and your Pokemon have a special bond, I can tell. Use that friendship and let it carry you to the Alolan League." Hala congratulated. He opened his other hand and revealed a red Z-Crystal.

"This is the Fightinium

"This is the Fightinium. Hopefully it will help you on your journey."

"Thank you Hala. I will surely put it to good use."

I walked off the stage and looked around. I could go and talk to the mysterious girl, or I could go back to Ash, Kukui and Lillie. I decided to go to the girl.