Getting Lost

Quick note before we start. Sorry I haven't been updating this story for a while, I have GCSEs to revise for, and I have to balance a social life, revising and this. The best way I can upload efficiently is to do this once a week. How does Saturdays sound?

================================

Lillie's POV

"Any luck?" I asked Gladion, as he jogged back from route 6. Ash was still missing, and everyone else had joined in to help. Kukui was waiting inside the Battle Royal Dome, in case he arrived there. Serena was searching near Wela Volcano. Hau was in Heahea City in case he wandered any further. Gladion was searching Paniola town and the area around and I was staying near Royal Avenue because I don't have any Pokemon.

"Yeah. A local said he saw a boy with a hat and striped shirt walk towards Paniola Ranch. Come with me, and maybe we could spend some time together." Gladion offered, holding his hand out. I smiled and took it, following him.

We were walking down Route 6 when the path was blocked with trees. "Huh? these trees weren't here five minutes ago?" I looked a bit closer, and noticed that these 'Trees' had faces.

"These aren't trees. They are Sudowoodo." I told him. He nodded and grabbed a Pokeball. He threw it at the ground, and Hakamo-o appeared. 
"Haka!"

"Alright, Hakamo-o, use Sky Uppercut on these Sudowoodo." Hakamo-o nodded and sent the Sudowoodo flying, one by one into the sky. I thought it was a bit harsh, but Gladion smiled. Annoyed at him, I dragged him towards the ranch when a voice that sounded like Ash's shouted.

"Alright! I caught a Pokemon!" The voice yelled. We smiled at each other, and ran towards where the voice came from.

------------------------------------------------------

Ash's POV  

After the battle with the Masked Royal, I stormed out of the Battle Royal Dome. I heard voices calling my name, but I ignored them. All my friends probably think I'm weak now. In the distance, I could see the ranch we passed earlier. That would be a great place to train and become stronger. I started running as tears formed in my eyes, as I hopped over the fence. I arrived at a hay bale, and climbed on top. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a yellow blur running up to me, Pikachu.
"Pika Pika Pika!" he tried to explain. I couldn't understand him but I could guess.

"Thanks, pal." I smiled. Pikachu jumped off my shoulder and pressed the buttons on my Pokeballs, letting my other Pokemon out. 
"Hoo!"
"Torr!"
"Yarp!"

"Hey guys. I'd understand if you want to leave me now. I'm weak." I explained. All three of them shook their head and moved closer to me. Rowlet landed on my head, Rockruff rubbed his neck on my arm, Torracat curled up on my lap, and Pikachu climbed onto my head. "Really? Thanks guys."

After I calmed down, a new Pokemon landed on a hay bale in front of me.

"Huh? whats that? I wish I had Rotom with me." I muttered to myself. As soon as I said that, Rotom dropped from the sky right in front of me. "What the-" 
"I heard you say my name?" Rotom asked.

"Yeah, what is that Pokemon?" I asked it.

Pikipek
The Woodpecker Pokemon

Gender
Female

  It can peck at a rate of 16 times a second to drill holes in trees. It uses the holes for food storage and for nesting.  

Moves

Roost
Fury Attack
Screech
Drill Peck

Ability
Keen Eye

"And now I'm done." Rotom finished, flying off. Rowlet chirped on my head, and flew over to the Pikipek. 

"Huh? Rowlet, do you know this Pokemon?" I asked, he just nodded. The Pikipek looked up at Rowlet and smiled brightly. "Why don't we catch it then?" Rowlet cooed, and explained to Pikipek what was going to happen. Pikipek looked at me and down to a Pokeball. I placed an empty Pokeball on the hay bale, and the Pikipek pecked the Pokeball. Instead of sucking her in, it just broke. Rowlet and the Pikipek just looked confused at me.

"Oh dear. Pikipek, I think you broke it." I explained. Pikipek looked down guiltily, so I pulled out a different Pokeball. "This is an Ultra Ball, its too tough to break. Try again." I smiled at it. It nodded and pecked the Ultra Ball. The ultra ball opened and a yellow light absorbed her. One wiggle. Two wiggles. Three wiggles. Ding!

"Alright! I caught a Pokemon!" I yelled. I clipped Pikipek's Ultra Ball to my belt, as two figures approached me. It was Lillie and Gladion.

"Ash! Why did you run off?" Lillie asked. I shrugged, as she hugged me lightly. 

"Hey. We heard you say you caught a Pokemon? what is it?" Gladion asked intriguingly. 

"Ah, yes. Meet Pikipek." I said, throwing her Ultra Ball in the air. The bird appeared and landed on my free shoulder.

------------------------------------------------------

Serena's POV

I walked up the side of Wela Volcano, when I noticed two boys were stood at the top of the Volcano. One of them was Apollo, the guy who tried to flirt with me. The other I didn't know. 

I slowly approached them both when Apollo turned to face me

I slowly approached them both when Apollo turned to face me. "Oh! Serena, your boyfriend not here?" he taunted. I frowned and barged past him. I passed through some trial gates as the other boy ran up to me.

"Hey, you cant go in there unless you are going to start the trial." He told me. 

"Then can I start it?" I asked him. He smiled and nodded.

"Im Kiawe, the trial captain, and you are Serena? Apollo just mentioned your name." I nodded. "Well Serena, you can start your trial." I stepped through the gates again as Apollo called my name.

"I didn't know you did trials!? You just got a thousand times hotter!" He called. He is so annoying. "Do you mind if I watch?"

"Sure, Whatever. whatever you do, I'm not being your girlfriend." 

"How about after you finish this trial, you face me in a battle. If I win, you go on a date with me." He challenged. I smiled, knowing I'll win. "And if I lose, you can go happily skipping back to your boyfriend Ashley and tell him about everything that happened here." 

"Ok, challenge accepted. But first of all, don't call him Ashley or you'll get a foot up your Ash."