Cooking with Mallow

Quick question. Should I make Ash, Serena and the gang seem more older? As in occasionally swearing and Ash actually acting a bit older or should I keep it for young children, as in Ash being dumb, no swearing at all and no rude hints? Idk I just feel wierd writing Pokemon as it should without anything for anyone over 12, probably because I am over 12 myself. It's up to you guys, do you want me to or not?
================================
Luna's POV

As we arrived to the entrance to the jungle where Mallow's trial takes place, I noticed Serena look up in awe. "Here we are, Lush Jungle. The home of the grass trial." I told her. I looked at her and smiled, knowing she wouldn't back down from this challenge.

Before she could say a word, Mallow rushed out to greet us. "Hey guys! Lana and Kiawe told me you were coming, Serena." She greeted in her usual cheerful voice.

"Hi Mallow." Serena replied.

"So, let's start the challenge. Follow me!" Mallow led us both into an open section of the forest. Sunlight was barely escaping through the trees, like it was being kept prisoner. Mallow skipped around to a pitch black cauldron, which confused both me and Serena. This was my first time watching a trial.

"Alright, this challenge is simple." I rolled my eyes at that. I bet all trial leaders say that. "All you have to do is find four different ingredients. Together, with a few extra items, will make one of my most famous dishes. 'Mallow's Mago special!'"

"Sounds delicious. Do we get to try it afterwards?" Serena asked. I stifled a giggle, and so did Mallow.

"This is for the Totem Pokemon, but you can try it if you want." Mallow told her, trying not to laugh. Serena quickly caught on and joined in laughing. "Anyway, here is the list of ingredients you will need." Mallow handed Serena a old sheet of paper, which I read off.

Mallow's Mago special

1 Mago berry
1 Tiny mushroom
1 Revival herb
1 Miracle seed

"None of these are hard to find." Mallow told her. She shifted her attention to me which made me jump. "Spectators are not allowed to join in, but you are allowed to walk with her and watch." I nodded, understanding.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Serena's POV

I set off wandering through the jungle, with Luna by my side, when I noticed some mushrooms sprouting in the soil. They was in two sizes, so I looked at the list. Mallow wanted tiny ones. I picked up the smaller mushrooms, when the larger mushrooms jumped out at me. It was a Shiinotic.

I smiled, as I know Shiinotic inside and out. Either Braixen or Grubbin were my best bet. I decided on Braixen as Grubbin wasn't as skilled. I grabbed Braixen's Pokeball and flung onto the field. "Braixen, Flamethrower." Braixen nodded confidently and swung her wand at the Shiinotic, releasing flames from the end.

The Shiinotic coiled back in pain, and ran away. Obviously it wasn't expecting it. "Nice job!" I heard Luna say. I turned and blushed. "Still three more items to go."

The next ingredient we came across was the Mago berry. This one was easy to find, as it was just beneath a tree. Just to be sure, I had a look around to see if any wild Pokémon were nearby. Luckily, nothing attacked me, so I picked up the Mago Berry and ran off. As soon as we were in cover from any wandering Pokemon, me and Luna high-fived each other.