Unmasking The Masked Royal

Lillie's POV

In the crowds, me, Gladion, Serena and Hau were all stood watching Ash. He stood before The Masked Royal, with three Pokeballs in his belt. "Ash, you ready for this battle? Any last words?" The Masked Royal stated.

"Yeah. If I beat you, can you take off your mask?" Ash asked. Gasps hushed over the crowd, even the Masked royal was dumbstruck.

"Fine. Just so you know, you will lose." He said, confidently. "Shall we start?" Ash nodded along, as he grabbed the first pokeball.

A referee walked up on the stage, and held up a flag. "The battle between Frontier Brain Ku- I mean Masked Royal and Ash Ketchum will now start! It is a 3 on 3 battle and both trainers can swap Pokemon out. Will you both send out your first Pokemon?"

Ash released his first Pokemon, which was revealed to be Rockruff. The Masked Royal also revealed his Pokemon, which was one i didn't know.

"Rotom, scan please

"Rotom, scan please." I asked. The dex flew out from behind Serena and snapped a picture of the Pokemon.

Lycanroc midday form
The Wolf Pokemon

Gender
Female

Its quick movements confuse its enemies. Well equipped with claws and fangs, it also uses the sharp rocks in its mane as weapons.

Moves

Accelerock
Rock Tomb
Odor Sleuth
Rock Throw

Ability
Keen Eye

"So Masked Royal also has a Lycanroc? This is interesting, what will Ash evolve his into?" Gladion asked from next to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ash's POV

Rockruff stood proudly in front of me. He barked at the Lycanroc, who just growled back. "Hmm, use bite." I can't use normal moves, as they aren't effective. Rockruff nodded and bounded over to Lycanroc. He bit the wolf, who looked down sympathetically to its pre evolution.

"You know what to use. Accelerock!" Lycanroc ran towards Rockruff at a blinding speed, and tackled him, sending him flying. I looked over to where Rockruff was. He was unconsious.

"Rockruff is unable to battle, which means that Lycanroc is the winner! Ash, will you send out your next Pokemon?"

"No... Rockruff, return." I said, disheartened. I returned Rockruff to his Pokeball and grabbed my second Pokeball. "Lets hope you do better. Torracat! Go!" I yelled. The cat appeared out of her Pokeball, and screeched.

"Ok. Come back, Lycanroc. Crabominable, it's your turn!" The Masked Royal now yelled.

 Crabominable, it's your turn!" The Masked Royal now yelled