Trial of Flame

I'm sorry I missed last week, just after saying I would upload on Saturdays. I will make up for it with so far, my favorite chapter.

================================

Serena's POV

I stood at the trial gates, with Apollo stood next to me. I didn't really want him there but I promised him a battle. In front of me, Kiawe was stood behind three familiar Pokemon. Luckily, Rotom was with me.

MarowakThe Bone Keeper Pokemon

Marowak
The Bone Keeper Pokemon

Gender
Male

The bones it possesses were once its mother's. Its mother's regrets have become like a vengeful spirit protecting this Pokemon.

Moves

Shadow Bone
Will-O-Wisp
Bonemerang
Hex

Ability
Cursed Body

There were three Marowak, all looking like they were ready to battle. "What do I do? Do I battle these three?" I asked. Apollo burst into laughter while Kiawe just silently shook his head.

"Kinda. First, you have to spot the difference and then you something might happen." He explained. I was confused at having to spot the difference, I guess I'll just roll with it.

"OK then. Let's start." I stated. Kiawe nodded and motioned at the Marowak.

Suddenly, the Marowak started to dance, twirling their bones in a circle. Once they stopped, they all struck poses. "Pay attention." Kiawe stated. I nodded, taking a mental picture.

Once again, they started to dance again, and after they stopped, struck poses again. Except that this time, one of them had changed. "That one." I said, pointing at the odd Marowak out. Kiawe nodded, while the Marowak jumped forward for a battle.

I looked at my Pokemon, deciding who to pick. Both Morelull and Grubbin are weak, so I guess I'll use Braixen. I threw her Pokeball out and she appeared, ready to battle. "Let's go, Braixen!" I said.

Marowak instantly jumped forward, and swung his bone at Braixen, landing a direct hit. "Braixen, let's get him back with a Hidden Power." Braixen nodded and waved her wand, sending out lots of balls towards the Marowak. Marowak flew backwards, into the volcano. I ran to the edge, to see if he was ok.

"He'll be ok. He's fire type." Kiawe reassured. I nodded and walked back to where the trial was being held.

The Marowak crawled out of the lava and stood next to the other two Marowak. "Second round, ready?" Once again, I nodded and the Marowak started to dance again. Once again, they froze in a pose, so I memorized it. "Remember it."