The Guardian of Melemele

Ash's POV

I woke up early this morning, which is unusual for me. I noticed Serena and Pikachu were still asleep so I walked over to the kitchen and started to make breakfast, just as Serena started to stir. "Morning, sleeping beauty." I teased as she climbed out of her bed. I saw the slight blush on her cheeks and carried on with the breakfast.

"Is that pancakes I smell?" She asked, walking up to me. I nodded and motioned for her to sit down. She did so as I finished the pancakes. I shared them out between three of us as placed them on the table.

"Pikachu! Breakfast!" I yelled. His ears twitched and looked up.

"Eat up, I have a big day planned." I told them both.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lillie's POV

It was now ten o'clock and Gladion was meant to meet me ten minutes ago. I sighed, looking down on Nebby. The poor creature, it was put through a lot of torture when he was in captivity. A loud knock at the door woke me up from my thoughts. Luckily, the professor was out, probably talking to one of the gym leaders or the Kahuna. I ran over to the door and opened it.

Gladion stood at the door, he looked a lot different from the last time I saw him.

"Gladion!" I yelled, pulling him into a hug. He pushed me away, which upset me a bit.

"Hey. Know anywhere more... private?" He stated, looking around.

"Umm yeah. Follow me." I lead him towards the Mahalo trail, as that was a normally empty place.

We arrived, and we sat down next to the cliff. "Tell me again. Why did you steal Cosmog?" Gladion asked me, getting straight to the point. I sighed, no 'How are you Lillie?' Or even a 'Hello'. He has definitely changed in the last two years. The old Gladion would have jumped at the chance to talk to me.

"I was getting bored so I decided to explore the Paradise more. I somehow made my way to the labs. The first room I checked had lots of information on a 'Type:Null. One note said one went missing two years ago." He looked shocked when I mentioned the Pokemon's name. "I was concerned, so I explored the rest of the Labs. Some of them had information about... Dad" Once again, Gladion looked shocked.

"Are you sure it was our Father?" He asked, just to be certain. I hesitantly nodded and felt tears form in my eyes.

I didn't want to carry on, but the look on Gladion's face looked intrigued. "In the last lab I checked, had Nebby in it. That's when I realised what she was really doing in Aether. So I grabbed Nebby as fast as I could and escaped." Gladion nodded, understanding. Obviously he couldn't say anything, as he did the exact same thing 2 years ago.

"Look after him. Go find someone else trustworthy, you can't do this alone." He told me.

"Do what? What about you?" I asked, confused.