Chapter 10 - Could he?

Khushi's POV

"He kissed you?!" Meena exclaimed. I couldn't stop smiling on my way home.

For the first time in forever, it seems like life is going good now. 

"Yes! Can you believe it?!" I said with the same excitement but trying my best to control.

"Wow my best friend whom I depended on when I feel single as hell is getting married. THAT TOO TO Harry Styles!!" She said which made me blush.

"Hey just cause I'm getting married doesn't mean you won't be my best friend." I said giggling.

"This better stay this way. Or else I'll find you and I'll kill you." Meera said to which I giggled.

I cut the call as soon as I reached my doorstep. And as my eyes laid on Jaya, I gasped.

"What happened?!" I asked Jaya. 

"Tell your sister to behave or the consequences will be too much." Dad said and I controlled myself from losing it. 

He couldn't be the reason my sister is lying on the couch with a fractured arm.

Could he?

And as soon as he left the apartment, Jaya broke down.

"CAN SOMEONE JUST FILL ME IN ON WHAT HAPPENED?!" I shouted, rushing to Jaya.

"When you were with Harry, I had gone downstairs to get Sheila a chocolate. So I overheard dad on call saying how he's gonna cut all ties with you after you get married. A-And I told him not to and he just held my arm really tight behind my back and threatened me not to tell you but y-you are my s-sister, how can I not-" She couldn't complete. She was a crying mess. I held her tight while she cried it all out.

"It's going to be fine. Just think it as a big bad dream okay?" I said rubbing her back while she cried it out. 

I never trusted that bastard anyway.

"I'm scared for you, didi. You're going to live much further than us. How will we even know you're safe?" She asked.

"There is one way." I said smirking.

"What you thinking?" Jaya asked wiping off her tears.

"Do you know how to crack a phone screen?" I asked smirking.

*Once dad comes home* 

 "Khushi? Dad's home!" 

Taking a deep breath in and with a mind full of hope, I went to the living room to see dad sitting on the couch on his phone.

"Dad?" I called.

"What do you want?" He asked.

I showed him my cracked phone and he got angry.

"What the hell, Khushi?! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF A DAMN PHONE?!" He asked.

"It just slipped and-" 

"IT ALWAYS JUST SLIPPED! WHY CAN'T YOU BE CAREFUL?!" He screamed. 

Right on queue, the door bell rings indicating Harry came. 

"Oh that must be Harry. He must be worried I didn't pick up his calls." I said. Dad went silent while mom went to open the door. 

"I'll just get this fixed for you." Dad said suddenly acting all calm and I tried my best not to smile.

My plan is working.

"Get what fixed, uncle?" Harry asked and his eyes spotted the cracked phone.