Chapter 50 - Secret Little Rendezvous

Khushi's POV

"Okay now what have you planned?" I asked.

"Well I know how much you love amusement parks, sooo next stop is an amusement park." He said smiling which made me grin.

"Really?! Yaayy!" I said clapping excitedly before realization hit me.

"Wait. Won't people recognize you there? We might not get privacy." I asked confused.

"Nothing will stop you from having the best birthday yet." He said which made me more confused.

"What?" 

"You'll see." 

*At the park*

"This way, sir." 

Harry held my hand while the kind man led us the way through what seemed like a secret tunnel.

"What is this?" I asked in awe of the entire thing.

"This is a secret passage ma'am. So you could go to your favourite rides and not get mobbed. Created for situations like these or when there's someone handicapped." He said smiling sweetly.

"This is a pretty impressive thing ain't it?" Harry said and I nodded.

We sneakily got into one of the ferris wheel rides and no one actually noticed us. I was really content with the privacy we were getting. 

A time where it's just us.

Harry's POV

While I was admiring the view like a wide-eyed girl, I managed to sneak a picture of her happy face while the sun light gently hit her face.

"It's like our little secret rendezvous

"It's like our little secret rendezvous." She said sitting next to me.

"Secret what?"

"Rendezvous. It's French for 'date'. Like a secret one." She said giggling.

"You know French?"

"No no. I learnt it in some YouTube video and ever since I show off with this one word with my friends. Don't tell this to anyone." She said smugly which made me chuckle.

"You're just like me." I said kissing her lips gently.

"Ah my dream is coming true. Of having a kiss on top of the ferris wheel." She said smiling big. I smiled at her cuteness and kissed her again.

"I love you." 

"I love you too"

And our secret rendezvous in the amusement park went by quickly with us just challenging each other, trying not to get caught and just overall having the best time together. 

We even managed to miss our exit and ended up on the opposite end of the park. 

Great.

As we walked with our hands held together, Khushi decided to break the silence.

"Harry?"

"Yeah, babe?"

"I really want to thank you for today y'know?" She said slowing the pace of our walking.

"You don't have to tha-"

"I know you'll say that but hear me out. Ever since my dad left, I've only dreaded this day. Just wanted to skip this day and move on to the next. Whenever my friends celebrated my birthday, I was there half-heartedly. Never liked being pampered. But then you came in. You made today into the one of the best days I could ever have and I just am really happy today for the first time in like 8 years. So really, thank you for that." She said 

"You don't have to thank me at all, love. I've always loved celebrating birthdays. Like it was this one day I could make my loved ones feel special. Because this was one of the few ways I could show how much they mean to me. And you, my love, mean absolutely everything to me. I wanted a normal day with you doing your favourite things and just seeing you happy. I feel the happiest when I make you smile. But thank you for giving me a chance to turn this day around for you." I said giving her hand a small squeeze as a reassurance. 

"You really are a hopeless romantic aren't you?" She teased.

"Says someone who made heart-shaped pancakes for my birthday." I said smirking and she lightly punched my arm.

"Idiot. I wanted to make you feel special that day." She said which made me chuckle.

"And I mean this when I say, I want to make you your happiest every single day. I never ever want you to doubt us. I love you more than anything in this world and I'd give up anything if I get to be with you in the end." I said and she halted her movements.

"What happe-"

She interrupted my question by placing her lips on mine.

I let my hands go to her hair while I deepened the kiss.

"Okay, we might've forgotten we're in the public." She said pulling away breathless.

"We'll finish this once we get home." I said which made her blush.

"Shut up." She said pushing me lightly making me laugh.

"We're married now, Khushi. Come on. Stop denying it so much." I said laughing which made her blush harder.

"Or do you wanna do in the car?" 

"HARRYYY!" She said covering her ears which made me laugh even harder at her cuteness.

"Come here, you." I said wrapping my arms around her from behind.

" I said wrapping my arms around her from behind

"Happy birthday again, beautiful." I said kissing her cheek lightly.

"I love you." 

Author's Note: A shorter update. I hope you guys liked it :)

All the love, V. xx