Chapter 56 - Of course I can believe.

Khushi's POV

"Hey Jaya!" Harry said cheerfully when he picked up the call. Even from the dark room, I could see her scars. 

It's gotten worse. 

"Where's ma?" I asked.

"Oh she's in the kitchen. She'll come now though." She said.

"How's everyone?" Harry asked.

"They're good! Just missing that lady there." She said pointing at me and I gave her a small smile.

"Hii" Ma said coming from behind and my eyes welled with tears.

The worry and the feeling of missing them just isn't something I could hold back.

He immediately placed his hand over mine and intertwined our fingers which made me slightly smile.

"Kaise ho, Khushi?" She asked.

"Main teek hun, ma. We wanted to share a good news with you." I said looking at Harry who smiled.

"We're going to be parents!!" We both said in unison and they gasped in surprise.

"Are you serious? OH MY GOD!" Jaya said doing her little dance which made me laugh.

"I'm going to be a daadi!" Ma said and I smiled but Harry scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"Wait I thought I'm going to be the daddy." He said which made all of us laugh.

"Daadi in hindi means grandma." I clarified giggling.

"Didi?" I heard a small voice which made me smile.

"Hi didi!" She said rubbing her eyes.

"Did we wake you up, darling?" I asked and she nodded.

"Sorry, baby. But do you want to hear a good news?" I asked and she nodded yet again.

"You're going to be a little mausi." I said and she pouted.

"I don't want to be a mausi. I want to be a didi." She said which made me laugh.

"Mausi means aunt. And didi is what we call our elder sister." I whispered to Harry so he doesn't feel left out. 

"Whatever you wish for, darling. You'll be able to play with a baby soon." I said and she smiled.

"When is she coming? Tomorrow?" She asked

"It will take longer than that, baby." I said smiling at her.

"Okay di. We have to go okay?" 

Seems like he reached home.

"But where's dad?" Harry asked but Jaya cut before she could answer.

"Might be busy at work." I said and he nodded.

"You know what? We'll call him separately." He said dialing my dad's number.

"Just don't mention we called them okay?" I said and he scrunched his eyebrows.

"Why?" He asked.

"Just don't. Trust me on this." I said and he nodded but hesitatingly.

"Okay then." 

As he dialed dad's number, I stepped away to stand at the balcony.

I certainly didn't want to talk to that monster.

"Yes! You're going to be a grandpa." He said excitedly over the phone and I just stared at the night sky.

"Yeah she's here. Wait I'll give the phone to her." He said and I sighed.

"Hello?" 

"Hello Khushi! Congratulations!! I'm so happy!" Dad said excitedly and I was caught off guard.

"Thanks, dad." I said through gritted teeth.

"Now I'm going to tell it to everyone. That my daughter is going to have a kid who's going to be half British! Can you believe?" 

Of course I can believe. He gets to be the modern guy he always wanted to be. 

"I'll give the phone to Harry." I said cutting our conversation short. He looked at me weirdly before he took the phone.

Soon enough, he cut the call and stood on the balcony with me.

"What happened?" 

"Let's just not talk about it okay? I want to enjoy this moment. Cause soon enough, we're going to have a 3rd one." I said and he put his arm around me pulling me closer.

" I said and he put his arm around me pulling me closer

"We're going to be a family soon. And I'm so glad it's with you." He said placing a kiss on my forehead.

Harry's POV

"Eyy the soon-to-be dad is heree!!" Varun said as soon as I got back from the store 

"Haha thank you!" I said giving him a hug. 

"This isn't a prank right, Khushi? Like you know how you pranked me when were dating?" He said and I looked at him confused.

"Wait you guys used to date?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah. For around 2 years or something, until her dad found out. Anyway, back to the story. She pranked me saying she was pregnant and I didn't sleep for the entire night only to know she pranked me in the end." He said laughing. Khushi giggled.

"That was when I was young, dumb and broke." Khushi said

"Yeah we broke up about what 4 years ago? It was all because of her dad or else I'd have married her instead of you." He joked and I smiled.

"Her dad?" I asked.

"Yeah it's just- oh wait Kriti's calling hold on." He said excusing me while he answered his phone.

I'd have married her instead of you.

The dialogue kept spinning around in my head. And the fact that she didn't tell it to me before.

If I wasn't there, would they have gotten back together?

Or worse, what if there's something between them even now?

As I watched her fight with Varun on a call with Kriti, my heart sank.

I'll talk to her once he goes. 

Author's Note: Ooooo it has startedd!! Hope you liked the chapter and more coming soon :)

All the love, V. xx