Chapter 57 - Or you know what? I'll read.

Harry's POV

"Soo...is it true you two dated?" I trailed off while helping her with the dishes. 

"Oh yeah. He was in my tuitions. It's a funny story how we met actually. I thought he was the teacher." She said taking the clean plate from my hands. 

"Wait what?" I asked in disbelief. 

"For real! Cause he was much taller than me back then and he was just messing around sitting on the teacher's table pretending to be him. I was like 'hi sir' and he just started laughing. I was soo embarassed that day but then he instantly came back to his usual self and introduced me to everyone there. Our talks started with homework doubts and gradually developed I guess." She said while wiping more dishes.

"Then how did you two break up?" I asked more about them.

I wanted to know everything

"Oh that. Well remember when I told like 'love marriages' aren't a thing in Indian families? Well my mom was okay with it cause she loved Varun. Like she had met him a few times when she picked me up from tuitions. But when dad found out, there was a whole huge scene. He confiscated my phone, he stopped my tuitions, dropped and picked me up from school. I told my friend to tell it to Varun that these things happened and it was a mutual decision. After that incident, the first time we met was 2 years later and he was dating someone else. We both couldn't contact after that. Then I meet him again when we were in that cafe  where you and I were on a date." 

"So would you have married him if it went well with your dad?" I asked.

"Well maybe. We did really love each other back then. But to be honest, if we didn't break up then, I wouldn't have found you. Either why are you asking all of this now?" She asked.

"No nothing. I was just surprised I guess." I said dodging the topic.

"That's a lie. What really is up?" She pressed.

Luckily, my phone rang that instant so I went and answered it. I couldn't be more relieved to get a call to avoid having to explain the reason for my insecurity. 

Khushi's POV

As he went to take his phone, my mind was filled with curiousity. I know how he didn't like Varun at first but now they're good friends. Then why was he feeling insecure all of a sudden?

"Khushi, actually I had to attend a photoshoot today for our album. They told me about it yesterday but then I ended up forgetting it. I'll be back in a few hours okay?" He said and I nodded. 

"Be back soon. Love you." I said placing a gentle kiss on his lips. 

"Love you too." He said leaving. 

I plopped on the couch and went through different channels searching for something good to watch.

Or you know what? I'll read. I thought to myself. 

I went to my box of memories that I've kept since I was a kid. I haven't cleared it out in a while and I had a few things to keep inside as well. 

I slowly took it out and smiled as soon as I opened it. 

I read through the autograph books, went through my sketches, and my hands came across my journal. 

I pushed the others to the side and focussed on reading my journal. 

2011.

Okay this is going to be dramatic for sure. The year when my life turned around. 

7th July 2011

"Dear Diary, 

I don't know what I ever did wrong to deserve this. My dad found out I was in love with Varun and he hasn't stopped hitting me. My body is covered with bruises and he is never like this. He is that dad who waits for me to go to sleep, no matter how long I stay up at night. He is that dad who takes my side no matter how bad things are. He is that dad who attends each and every one of my silly school dance or drama. He is that dad all my friends wish they had. 

But I don't know, diary. Ever since he found out, he only tortured me. He took my phone away, he called David sir to tell I'm not going to go to tuitions anymore, he hasn't stopped hitting me with that stupid belt. I'm in so much pain. And my heart feels shattered. Thinking about how the person I considered my role model even though he wasn't my own blood is mad at me and is making sure I know of the anger. 

And also thinking about how I'm going to lose Varun. I love him a lot. He is the sweetest, kindest and the first person who ever taught me to love, the first person who treated me like a queen, my first everything. How will I ever say I can't be with him anymore? I planned my future with him.

I'm trying to calm down thinking this might be for the good. That my dad will come back to normal and I'll be able to have Varun again in my life. I don't think I'll be able to love anyone else as much as I love him. Cause even if my future is with someone else, my first love will always be Varun and I know I'll jump at a chance to be his again. 

I wiped my tears that involuntarily came out. The torture my dad made me go through just got worse throughout the years but the only good part was I found someone who loves me much more than Varun ever did. And I'm good friends with Varun as well. 

I slowly drifted off to sleep thinking that everything is going almost good now. 

And I have nothing to worry about. 

Author's Note: Something from the past is brewing up now... what do you think will happen next? Let me know!

All the love, V. xx