Chapter 60 - Too late.

*The next day*

Harry's POV

I slowly opened my eyes to her shifting and I got up to look at her who's back was facing me now. 

"You're awake." I said softly. She didn't even make any eye contact with me.

I think I deserve that. 

"We'll get discharged today. And we can go back home yeah?" I said hoping to get any reaction from her. 

Nothing. 

"The doctor said she needed to give you some tips before that. So now since you're awake, I'll call her." I said getting up and going to find the doctor. 

Once I met her, I bought her back to Khushi who was still staring at that same spot on the wall. Her eyes met mine for a brief second when I entered before she looked down.

"Hey how you feeling?" She asked and she just gave her a small smile.

"It's going to take another day or two for all of this to end. It's gonna feel like heavy cramping and heavy bleeding so I'm going to suggest you to use these instead." She said handing over the pads. A tear slipped out of Khushi's eyes and my heart broke once again. 

"Thank you." She said to the doctor. 

The first words that came out since the last 24 hours. 

"Mr. Styles, since all the payments have been cleared, you're good to go. I'll send the nurse in to get your discharge summary okay?" She said and I nodded.

"We're gonna go home okay?" I said getting by her side and she nodded. 

As soon as I got all the last things done, I went up to her room and checked if we might've left anything behind. 

"Let's go?" I asked and she nodded before she got out of the bed. I tried holding her hand but she moved her hand away from mine. 

I'll have to earn her trust back.

And for this woman right here, I would do anything.

*At home*

I opened the door to our home and she got in before she halted to look around again.

"You need anything, babe?" I asked before I noticed her eyes were welled with tears. I stood in front of her and took her hands in mine. 

"I'm still here, okay? I know our last conversation doesn't exactly make you believe in me but I really do love you and I'm absolutely sorry for what happened

"I'm still here, okay? I know our last conversation doesn't exactly make you believe in me but I really do love you and I'm absolutely sorry for what happened. I'm here till the end of time." I said looking at her eyes. 

She just walked past me without a word and sat on the window seat. 

I decided to cook her something to try lighten up the mood. 

Indian food will for sure cheer her up.

When I looked into the fridge, all there was a few jams and bread. I sighed and decided to order takeout. 

I ordered some Indian bread along with a curry. I remember her saying she loved cottage cheese so I ordered just that. 

I went to the bedroom just to change clothes to something more comfortable and I noticed a diary on the desk labelled with her name. 

Don't snoop. Don't snoop. Don't snoo-

Too late.

I read the entry and it seemed to be the day she broke up with Varun. And the last 2 lines caught my attention.

I don't think I'll be able to love anyone else as much as I love him. Cause even if my future is with someone else, my first love will always be Varun and I know I'll jump at a chance to be his again. 

The entry was dated back in 2011 that is 4 years back. 

I turned the page to find a new entry that was written just 2 days back. It was a letter to her 14 year old self. 

"Dear 14 year old me,

Hey! You are finally in high school! Something you've been looking forward to. But letme tell you something. Teenage years isn't going to be the best of bestexperience for you but I promise you it'll shape you into a much better personin the future.

Spend time with your family. Cherish the time where dad is the best person in your life. Cherish the time where Sheila is a baby or the games where dad comes and cheers you on or the shows where your family sits front row. All of these are the memories you wish you could go back to when you reach where I am right now.

Because life right now is very much different. Dad isn't the same like how he used to be. Our family isn't the happiest like how it used to be. There isn't one day where you don't cry. Dad doesn't fail to abuse you everyday. Even our baby sister Sheila. And although you're not there to protect them like how you used to cause you're miles away from them, you are still in contact.

And you must be wondering if Varun will still be there in your life after all this while. Yeah, he is. But not in the way you expect him to be. You're married to a guy who is possibly better than anything what you dreamt about. Although you won't get along at first, you end up loving him more than anything else in this world. Him coming into your life would be the best thing that ever happened to you. 

Almost a year after you getting married, you'll get pregnant with your first ever child. And just by the news of the baby, everything goes perfectly. Your dad has a little bit more compassion cause now he's going to be a grandpa. Both of your families are overjoyed and you know nothing could ever go wrong. 

And Varun? He's engaged to this beautiful girl called Kriti. And you four get along pretty well. Like one big family. Varun, Kriti, Harry and you. And oh btw Harry as in Harry Styles! I know you won't believe me right now but it is the truth. I would tell about how we all met but I'll leave that to you to experience. I feel I gave too much away haha. 

So don't worry if the next few years are your worst years because once Harry comes into your life, everything will be a-okay. Love yourself and make most of yourself everyday. I love you.

19 year old Khushi. x

I let a few tears down after reading the entry cause I doubted someone who loved me more than her own self without ever knowing what her struggles were actually about. 

She mentioned abuse though. I tried searching her diary for any more about it but nothing. 

I need to know more cause if I have to fix our relationship, this will be a good start. 

Author's Note: Another day, another update! Inspired by my own letter to my old self so hope you liked this one. :)

All the love, V. xx