Chapter 47 - And that was all it took.

Khushi's POV

I slammed the door to my makeup room and immediately the tears I've been holding back falls down my cheeks endlessly.

"Didi? Didi? Open the door!" Jay said knocking on the door.

"Go away, Jay." I shouted back pulling my knees to my chest.

"Di, you either open it or I'll tell Harry to come open." 

And that was all it took.

"Fine!" I said getting up and opening. 

"Firstly, are you okay?" She asked and I didn't answer.

"Look at me." She said and my eyes didn't budge from the pillow that laid straight ahead of me. She sighed.

"I get it, di. What he did was wrong. But why didn't you think from his point of view too?" She said. I sat there silently.

"I understand he should've asked you before he invited her. But what was wrong in her attending your wedding? She's an old friend of his. I understand it's that history that once tried to break you two apart. But if she didn't change, do you even think he'll invite her?" 

"It's not about the change, Jay. It's about him not asking me before he invited someone who I completely despise and just thought I'll forget everything in that milli second. He should've eased his way into it." 

"Di, he's just like 4 years elder to you. What if he thought it'd be okay because you're at your happiest and you'll do whatever it is to not ruin your night? And besides you did just that." 

"What do you expect me to do at that time, Jay? He invited someone who's still in love with someone to his wedding. Like how Ross invited Rachel to his wedding in F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Thank God he didn't say her name at the altar." 

"Di, what better way is there to show her that he's happy with someone else? What better way to prove that there won't be anyone else except you? What better way to show you off and show himself off as your husband?" 

Silence.

"You only taught me to always try to think from the other side of view also. And now you're not following that? Did you even think how he'd be feeling like right now? Did you even think it was the right thing creating such a huge drama in front of everyone?" 

Her words instantly turned my anger to guilt. 

A knock on the door turned our attention to the green-eyed groom who stood there with his head bowed down.

"Can I talk to her now, Jay?" He asked and she looked at me for permission.

I nodded.

I didn't face him when he silently came and sat next to me.

"I don't like fighting with you." He said breaking the silence and my guilt filled heart just broke. 

"I'm so sorry." I said letting the tears out.

"Why are you sorry? I'm the one who caused this." He said and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry because the time when I should've handled this with maturity, I just humiliated you AND Kendall in front of everyone. I'm sorry I just jumped to conclusion." I said crying.

"No no. I'm sorry for making you feel like this on your wedding day." He said.

"Our wedding day. Gosh we're such a mess." I said lightly laughing wiping my tears. 

"Let's go back and dance?" He asked and I nodded.

"Oh and Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't like fighting with you either." 

Harry's POV

As she took my hand and interwined her fingers, my heart was relieved. 

"I love you, Khushi. And don't ever doubt it, even for one second." I assured her.

"I love you too, my love." She said placing a kiss on my cheek.

She definitely means it. 

"Let's go and party!" She said making me laugh.

"Wait what about Kendall? Where is she?" She asked.

"She left. She told she'll never come in front of us again. Cause everytime she comes, it creates a problem." 

"Call her" 

I nodded and immediately took out my phone. I dialled her number and called. 

No response.

"Wait I'll try." She said taking hers out. And thankfully, Kendall picked up her call.

"Hey Kendall?" Khushi answered.

"Yeah? Who's this?" She asked back.

That's why she picked up.

"It's Khushi." 

And I heard some shuffling and the car indicator being turned on.

"Khushi? I'm so sorr-"

"Please don't apologize. I should be the apologizing to you. I should have listened to you rather than humiliating you in front of everyone. I should've thought before I just jumped to conclusion." 

"No no, Khushi. I'm totally at fault. I should've asked you if I could come. Even if Harry told or not. It was my duty to. And I didn't do that. I deserved it." 

"No please don't tell that. You didn't deserve it at all. That's why, if you're not far off, would you like to attend our dance party now?" She asked and I smiled.

"Wait are you serious? Would you even want me there?" Kendall asked surprised.

"If I didn't, why would I even call you inviting you here?" Khushi said smiling.

"I'll be right there." 

As she ended the call, I smiled at Khushi.

"What?" She asked giggling.

"I could soo kiss you right now." I said licking my lips.

"What are you waiting for, Mr. Styles?" She said placing her lips on mine.

"Guys! Leave some for tonight." Jay said closing her eyes which made us both laugh.

"Now since you two patched up, let's go PARTAAYYYY!!!" 

"Ready, Mrs. Styles?" I asked touching my forehead to hers. 

"More than ever."

Author's Note: Totally off topic, but did you guys hear FEARLESS RERECORDINGS?! Ahhhh It's like I'm living through my childhood again

Anyway, Hope you liked the chapter. 

All the love, V. xx