Chapter 55 - Hi Daddy!

*A week later*

Khushi's POV

"Good morning, babe." I said softly to my husband who just got up.

"Good morning." He said in his deep sleepy voice.

"Will you make breakfast for me? I'm too lazy to get out of bed." I said and he laughed.

"We'll just order it. I want to stay here with you longer." He said hugging me tightly.

"I missed you too." I said kissing his forehead.

His phone started ringing interuppting us. 

"Pick up." I said and he shook his head.

"Nah I'll call whoever it is back later." He said and I shook my head

"No. Pick it up. Let me go pee." I said getting up while he answered the phone.

I put my hair in a bun and got back on bed checking my phone while he was still on call.

The period app notification pops up at which I stared at in shock.

Your period is 4 days late. 

With Harry home, we've spent a lot of time together making  me forget that I could've missed my period.

"Hey babe. I have an interview today. I completely forgot about it. We're announcing our bIreak today. So I'll have to go."

Best time to get a pregnancy test.

"I have to go meet Kriti too today. So it's alright." I said getting out of bed. 

My mind started racing at the thought that I might be pregnant at the age of 19. I still haven't started college yet and the thought of having a baby when I go for classes scared me even more.

Let me confirm this first.

I immediately texted Kriti asking if she could accompany me to the drug store. She instantly said yes at my full capitalized lettered text. 

"I'll be back in 2 hours or so. I'll see you then." He said kissing my forehead and I smiled hiding all the anxiety I was feeling at that point. 

Within 15 minutes, Kriti was at my doorstep and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"What happened? Why go to the drug store?" She asked.

"I think I'm pregnant. I missed my period so I just wanted to confirm." I said and she nodded.

"But how about we go to the doctors instead? I have a friend who's a doctor and I'm sure she'll help out and get this done soon." She said and I nodded.

"That's a better idea. Let's go before Harry comes home." 

*2 hours later* 

Harry's POV

The interview was over so I was on my way home. My mind was really restless for some reason. Feeling like I'm going to recieve a good news veryy soon. 

Or I'm just overthinking.

I unlocked the door and found Khushi was on the couch with her head in her hands. 

"What happened, babe? All okay?" I asked.

"This is for you." She said handing me a gift box.

"Aww what is this for?" I asked her and she just smiled.

"Just open it." 

I opened the carefully tied bow and opened the box to find a baby's outfit and I looked at her shocked

"Is this- Wait what? Are you serious?" I asked in surprise and she nodded smiling.

"You're going to be a dad!" She said and my worried expression instantly turned into a big grin.

"I'm going to be a dadd!!" I said picking her up in excitement.

"Put me down, babe! I have a baby inside me now." She said and I put her down gently. I kissed her passionately. 

"Oh my God! Khushi we're going to be parents! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! Like a mini version of us is going to run around this house in like 9 months. I think we'll have to shift somewhere else. Cause come on there's not much room here for a baby. We have to get a separate room for him/her and ANDD we'll do the painting ourselves. We'll do the whole designing by ourselves! Wait we have to let our parents know! They're going to be sooo excited!" I said not able to contain my excitement at all which made her laugh.

Khushi's POV

"You're too cute when you're excited." I said kissing his cheeks.

"Let me call mum. After that we'll call your parents together okay?" He suggested.

He still doesn't know about the situation at home.

He can't know. 

"Sure." I said giving him a small smile. And he soon facetimed her and tried his best to keep a straight face throughout the call.

"Hey mum!" He greeted.

Well that straight face didn't last long.

"You seem excited. What's up?" She asked curiously.

"Firstly, where's dad and Gemma? I need you all together for this one." He said back to his serious face again.

"Wait they're watching TV. I'll just go to them." She said and we could hear some shuffling before she made her way to them.

"Okay. We have an important news to tell you first." I started when they all were in frame. They all looked confused and waited for us to tell. I turned on the camera to record their reactions. We both looked at each other before we couldn't hold it in anymore.

"We're going to be parents!" We both said in unison and they gasped in surprise.

"Are you serious? Oh my God! I'm going to be a nan!" Anne said excitedly.

"I'm going to be an aunt!" 

"I'm going to be a grand dad!" 

They all were pretty excited over the call and I was glad I did record this. 

Once Harry got talking, I slowly got my phone out and texted Jaya if it was okay to call them.

He has some office party today. So yeah you definitely can. Jaya texted back.

I sighed in relief and got back to the call with them.

And as I talked to them, I thanked every God in existence for giving me such great in-laws and an even better husband by my side.

Author's Note: She's pregnant guys!! The book is almost about to end so sit tight for the climax haha :)

All the love, V. xx