Chapter 35 - Finally here

Khushi's POV

"Khushi? Wake up, darling." 

I grunted and tugged on the blanket to feel more cozy. 

"Khushi, come on now." 

I slowly opened my eyes to find the brown eyes I've adored ever since I was born.

"Ma, please let me sleep some more." I said placing my head on her lap this time.

"I want to go somewhere and your dad isn't home. It's urgent." She said and I sighed.

"Okay fine. Give me 5 minutes to get ready." I said getting up rubbing my eyes. She smiled. 

"Okay, Khushi." 

*A while later* 

"Left from here." Mom instructed and I internally groaned.

"Ma, where are we goingggg???" I whined which just made her giggle.

"We just reached, Khushi. Look." 

Our favorite place. The beach. 

Just seeing the calm waters, made me all emotional thinking about the time Harry and I had spent here. From solving fights to just chasing each other around. 

"Ma, why here?" I asked and she gestured me to get out so we take a walk.

"Why not? It's a beach right?" She said playing innocent.

"Ma, this is the beach Harry and I always come to." I said not meeting her eyes cause I knew once I did, I'll burst out crying.

"Why do you have to push everyone away as soon as they come close to you?" She asked and I sighed.

"I'm not pushing Harry away, ma. I'm just protecting him." I said coldly.

"I didn't mention him now, did I?" She said and I sighed.

Typical ma. Definitely knows how to make me talk. 

"Ma, it's just I don't want him to get involved in this whole thing. He has an idea in his head that we are this perfect family and it's really close till he finds out. And God knows what will happen if he comes to know you know? Like what if he does something thinking that'll protect us but then it ending up much worse than it already is?" I asked.

"But have you ever thought about how he'll be with us whenever we need him? Forget that. Have you ever thought how he must be feeling right now without you there? Him getting involved or not, we should leave that upto him yes? You didn't even give him a chance to decide." She asked and I stood silent.

"This is all my fault. One mistake I did was to marry Madhav and look at my baby girl suffering so much." She said letting a tear out and I immediately wiped it off from her face.

"It was never your fault, ma. It was just fate playing its cruel tricks. All you did was love." I said.

"Exactly. It's never Harry's fault. Why are you making him pay when all he did was love?"She said and I sighed.

"I never want to make him pay, ma. He's the love of my life. I'm doing this for his own good. And for your safety. I just went for three weeks and look what happened." I said pointing at her bruise. She sighed.

"Okay I'm telling this again. If he wants to get involved in this or not, let him decide for himself. He's very strong and mature for his age. And I get this feeling that even if he can't fix anything, he'll be there for you. And honestly, as a mother, that's all I want." 

"B-but how can I just let you guys-" 

"NO buts. You both are meant to be so instead of spending time here worrying, spend time with him. I'm pretty sure he's a wreck right now." She said and I nodded.

"We'll be alright." She said placing a kiss on my forehead. 

*A few days later*

Harry's POV

"Harry, get up! I'm coming to pick you up to go to the studio." Louis said and I internally groaned.

"Ugh fine. Give me 15 minutes I'll come." I said hanging up the call. I laid on the bed staring at the ceiling with a number of thoughts going through my head.

These past few days have been hectic. Going to the studio all the time, trying to distract myself from thoughts about Khushi, going out with the boys. 

I never gave myself time to rest. Because I knew when I stop staying busy, I'll get to thinking of her. 

Like how I am right now. 

As I finally got out of the bed, I started getting ready before the doorbell rang. 

And correct after 15 minutes. 

The first time he has ever been punctual. I laughed at that thought. 

"COMING, LOUIS!" I shouted before I quickly zipped my pants and made my way downstairs. 

"Okay I'm re-"

And I stood there in shock when I was greeted with her rather than whom I was expecting. 

"Hey." She said smiling.

Okay have I ever mentioned about how beautiful she looks so effortlessly?

"Khushi?" I said in surprise but it came more as a squeak.

"One and only." She said smiling. And I just hugged her tightly without saying anything further. 

The hug which I've been dying for since the past few days.

The person I've been waiting for the last few days.

The girl I've fell in love with.

"I missed you so much" I said not letting go of the hug.

"I missed you too. Now instead of crushing me just at the doorstep, how about you let me in and we can hug as much as you want?" She said which made me chuckle.

She's here. Finally here. 

Author's Note: I'M BACKKKKKK!! My exams just got over soooo expect more updates hehe. Hope you liked the chapter.

All the love, V. xx