Chapter 6 - Okay what just happened?

A/N: This is not Khushi btw. It's just the dress she wears for the thing which you're gonna read xD

Khushi's POV

"I don't want to get married, ma! Why can't he understand?" I said crying in my mom's lap.

"You know your dad right, Khushi? He has to have things work in his favour. No matter how many suffer. Even his own daughter." She said. I felt a drop of tear fall on my cheek and I got up. I wiped my mom's face.

Whatever it is, I can't bear to see her cry.

"Khushi, take this money. Go make yourself look pretty for once. The saloon is on the right as soon as you get down the building. You won't need GPS." He said, sarcasm evident in his tone. 

"I don't want." I said getting pissed.

"It's not about what you want or don't want. I want the guy to actually like you. Honestly, I don't even know what he saw in you in the first place to even consider marrying you." He spat which angered you more. 

"Just like how I wonder what mom saw in you to say yes." I said back which triggered him more.

"What did you say?! You little whore!" Dad was about to come slap but mom came in between.

"STOP! Khushi, go to the other bedroom. NOW" Mom said defending dad.

"Ma, why are you defending this monster?" I asked with tears threatning to spill out.

"Because he is my husband!" She said which made dad smirk. I huffed and I left. 

*After some time* 

"Hey." Jaya said sitting beside me. I looked at her and I broke down crying.

"It's okay, didi. Everything is going to be fine. What if that guy is good?" She said trying to console me.

"I don't know, J. What if he isn't?" 

*The next day*

"Khushi dear! They're here!" My dad said in his fake sweet tone. I rolled my eyes. 

I smoothed down the saree for one last time which my dad had bought for special occassions. I knew this wasn't one for me but I knew I had to wear this.

"Let's just get this over with." I mumbled and took the tray and walked to the hall.

Harry's POV

As our families bonded, I kept a lookout for her. She's probably going to come out in her PJs and going to get the shock of her life.

But guess I was the one to get the shock of my life.

She came out from her room with a dress I've only seen in photographs which I think they call saree. 

I couldn't help but scan her from head to toe. She looked much more gorgeous than I last saw her and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. 

Pushing away the way I felt that time, I returned to being my cocky self which she has grown to hate.

Khushi's POV

"Hey there, babe." I heard a familiar voice and my expression changed as soon as my eyes met the green ones.

"You gotta be kidding me." I mumbled annoyed. I gave the tea to the guests and stood back with my sisters.

"She's beautiful." You heard Anne say to Harry which made you smile.

I love her. It's just her son I hate.

"I know, mum." He said smiling. I just looked at him in full confusion.