Chapter 58 - This can't be happening

Khushi's POV

"You still have this?" Varun said sitting on the bed along with Kriti.

"Of course I will! That was the first card you gave me." I said still lying on the bed.

"Wow. Even I should start keeping a memory box then." He said and I smiled. I took the journals and kept everything back in the box.

"You have your journals too? Woah." Kriti said and I giggled.

"Yeah Kriti. I am rather an emotional person. I tend to keep absolutely everything as a memory. Like see this chocolate wrapper? This was the first chocolate you ever got me." I said showing him the dairy milk wrapper. 

"Ohh this was the valentine's day edition. Usually you get a  chocolate heart with the chocolate." He said giving the wrapper back to me.

"This is like back to the memory lane." He said and I nodded.

"Okay babe. She reached. I have to leave." She said placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"GET A ROOM!" I said covering my eyes playfully.

"Ohh shut up! You and Harry are worse!" She said lightly hitting me.  I stuck my tongue out and she laughed before she left the apartment. 

"The tortures started because of me huh?" He asked.

"No don't say that! It was me who went against dad's orders." 

"It'd have been me and you if your dad agreed. I still remember when I first met you. Makes me laugh everytime! Who knew back then we'd be happier with other people? You have Harry and I have Kriti. AND the best part? We all get along!" 

"I mean that time I thought you are my only option. I mean that's what I considered love. The hangouts I had with you, the secret movie sessions and me getting under your bed. I was quite rebellious don't you think? And to think it's the same even now!" I said.

"Yes! And I absolutely love the rebellious you" He said making me laugh.

"Anything else you love about her?" Harry said from the doorstep.

"Harry! You're back early!" I said smiling.

"Ohh cut out that act of yours. And you too, Varun." He said and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"What do you mean, babe?" 

"Don't call me that." 

"What's the problem, dude?" Varun asked and I could tell Harry was just getting angrier per minute.

"Varun, I think it's better if you leave. I'll sort this out." I said and he nodded.

"Yeah and never come back again!" Harry said and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Harry, what's wrong with you? HE IS MY BEST FRIEND!" 

"Best friend, it seems. I heard everything." He said scoffing.

"Heard what?" I asked 

"Secret movie sessions, hiding under his bed and how it is all still the same!" He said and I got shocked.

"EXCUSE ME?! Are you accusing me of cheating?!" I shouted.

"It's not called 'accusing'. It's called finding out the truth" He said air quoting it. 

"No! It's not!" I shouted back.

"I can't believe you would actually do that! I trusted you and you just keep proving I can't trust you." He said and I get immediate flashbacks to the recurring nightmares