Chapter 38 - Okay I regret it.

Khushi's POV

"Harry! Harry! Harry! Here! Sign this please!" 

They were surrounding us and I don't even know why did I agree to this in the first place. 

Okay maybe I started to regret it. 

Okay I regret it. 

His grip on my hand grew tighter everytime the crowd started surrounding us more. 

All of a sudden I was pulled away from his grip and my heart just stopped.

I was surrounded by a mob and Harry was nowhere to be seen. 

My short stature didn't exactly allow me to look past beyond the girl who was right in front of me. 

"Why are you even with him, you slut?" 

And with that one sentence I was cornered to a spot and that panicky feeling started making its way. 

I covered my face using my arms to block out the attacks I was recieving. I was definitely feeling smothered and breath seemed to be much more harder to take each passing minute.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" I heard the familiar voice which made me cry even more. 

"Khushi. Are you okay? Let me just get you out of here." He said and I held onto him much tighter. 

"MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!" He shouted while making way for us two to finally get into the car.

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have done tha- Khushi?" 

I wasn't able to concentrate on anything he was saying. It still felt like I was in middle of the crowd with people attacking me. 

I felt like I was going to die. I couldn't breathe properly and I could see Harry was trying his best to calm me down. But even his touch seemed to just increase my fear.

"I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I can't breathe. Harry help me. Please." My voice was no louder than a whisper and I was bawling my eyes out.

"It's okay. I'm here, babe. I'm right here." He said taking my hands in his.

"Now focus on me now." He said and I looked at him.

"Deep breathes now. I'm right here." He said and I just cried harder. 

He just put his arms around me and I cried in his embrace. 

"It's okay. It's okayy. I'm right here." He cooed and my breath slowly went back to normal.

"Are you okay now?" He asked and I nodded.

"Thank you" I said pulling away slightly.

"I love you" He said kissing my forehead which made me cry even harder.

"It's okay. It's all over now. Let's just go back home." He said and I nodded pulling away.

Harry's POV

She fell asleep on the ride back home and I couldn't just wipe off the guilty feeling I had. 

It's all because of me. 

If I never even initiated the idea of the karaoke bar, all this wouldn't have happened. 

If I called up the security, she wouldn't have been attacked.

Oh my God. She actually got attacked.

My heart ached at the thought and the fear I felt when I didn't find her hand in mine anymore was still there. 

Once we reached back home, I picked her up slowly trying not to wake her up. I somehow got in and placed her gently on the bed. I took off her shoes and placed it at the side of the bed.

I slowly closed the door and decided to go for a walk to take my mind off of it. 

My mind was filled with anger towards myself and I honestly just wanted something to break at that point. But controlling that tendency, I just walked breathing in the fresh air. 

"Harry?" 

And my heart dropped.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be asleep, Khushi!" I said frustrated.

Harry Styles, don't you dare take your frustration out on her.

"And you're supposed to be home. What are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm just out on a walk. Trying to take my mind off of the anger I'm feeling towards myself." I said not looking at her.

"It's not your fault-"

"IT IS MY FUCKING FAULT! I should've just called someone instead of just going through the crowd. I should've let you go in front rather than just holding your hand. I shouldn't even have planned this karaoke night out. We should've just stayed at home." I shouted and she flinched at the volume.

"This karaoke night out was one of the best thing we've done you know that? We had so much fun laughing and singing in the worst way we could. What happened after that doesn't matter cause I'm here all safe with you. That's all that matters." She said taking my hand in hers. 

"But-"

"No buts. It's all over now. And I don't want to affect our netflix and chill session." She said smiling which made me smile.

"I don't deserve you." I said looking down. She didn't say anything and just gave me a hug.

 She didn't say anything and just gave me a hug

"Let's go. Come on." She said smiling.

"You know what? I think I should fix a date for our wedding you know? Your break is coming soon" She suggested and I nodded.

"We have time." I said which made her giggle.

"Stop procrastinating atleast with this!" She said giggling making me laugh.

I have no idea what I did to deserve this angel.

But whatever it might be, I'm so glad I did.

Cause I have her in my life.

Author's Note: Two updates in a day? Why not? I stopped the other one abrupt so here's the continuation.

And also do you guys like this new style of writing with the gifs? If not, I can just remove them and we can go back to pretending this never happened haha. Do let me know in the comments.

A gentle reminder to sign the petition if you haven't already. The link is in my profile. Thank you so much.

All the love, V. xx