Chapter 67 ~ Let me explain

17th of May 1782

~Samuel's pov~

"Ummm... Who's Samuel and Ella?" I glanced sideways awkwardly. Oliver gave me a scolding look and dragged us into the kitchen. Ella and I sat down and awkwardly stared at Oliver. "I know who you both are, Samuel and Ella Seabury," he spoke in a low tone. "No, we're not!" I hissed back. Oliver glared deeper.

"Shut up Samuel, I know exactly who you are. I need you to tell me why your here or the King will hear of this." he threateningly stated. My face drained colour and I swallowed my fear. "Well if you tell George, I'll tell him you helped us," I argued back. Oliver's eyes widened slightly and he looked at Ben who had just entered the room with William. "You wouldn't dare, you'd get all of us killed including your son," he yelled. I stood up and walked towards him. "Why do you even want to know why we're here? None of this affects you!" I argued back.

Oliver glared at me again and walked closer to me, "It's not me ok. I just don't want Ben getting hurt." he breathed in slightly and Ben's facial expression changed. I gave Oliver a sympathetic look and placed my hand on his shoulder. "I understand. But maybe there is another way we can do this without any of us getting killed."

"What do you mean?" Oliver looked at me in confusion. I grinned slightly, "See this may sound crazy but the reason we're here is to save Ella's cousin." I explained.

"Wait a minute-" Realisation hit Ben and he gaped slightly. "Ella you're related to Y/N?" he questioned. Ella nodded and Oliver smirked, "I knew it, so are you cousins or sisters?" he asked. Ella grinned and stood up, "Cousins, her mom is my dad's sister." She explained. Oliver nodded and turned back to me.

"So kidnapping the Queen, that's fucking ridiculous." Oliver smiled. Ben blocked Will's ears and I grinned, "Well It's not the first time we've tried to bust her out. Why do you think George hates me?" I exclaimed. Oliver grinned slightly. "So then what's the deal, I'm guessing it's something to do Y/N." Oliver smiled. I nodded and Oliver smirked turning to Ben, "Well it won't be Ben and I's first time kidnapping her either." Oliver stated. I chuckled and stuck out my hand, "So, it's a deal then? You help us rescue Y/N and we won't tell George."

Oliver gave Ben a look and he nodded. He stuck out his hand and I shook it. "Well, it's either that or being hung." he chuckled. I smirked again and Ella hugged me from behind and then looked at Oliver and Ben. "Thank you so much! Now getting my cousin back will be easier, she'll finally be happy." Ella rejoiced. Ben smiled and walked over to the crowd. The three of us all placed our hands in the middle clenching each other tightly, with Oliver's hovering above.

"We may not be the best or strongest people in Britain but, we'll save Y/N." we all stared into each other's eyes remorsefully. "It's been a hard 6 years but soon we'll find freedom. This must be hard to hear from a former loyalist but I can see a bright future ahead of us." I cheered. Oliver rolled his eyes and placed his hand on Ben. "Cut the sentimental crap Sam, what's the plan?" I smiled and looked at Ella.

"Let me explain."

~George's pov~

The dining room was more cheerful than usual, Frederick, Matilda and I were all huddled around eating and laughing as we joked around. It was perfect except for the fact that Y/N wasn't here.

I knew she was tired but I had no idea why. I felt sorry for her but yet again I couldn't force her to come and eat with us as much as I wanted to. "Daddy, guess what Mr Addington says my astronomy skills are really cool, he says I'm almost as bright as you!" Matilda grinned. I patted her honey-gold hair and grinned, "You must have your mother's wit, Matilda." I chuckled.

Matilda smiled brightly and went back to eating. I looked to Frederick who was playing around with his fork aimlessly. "How about you Frederick?" I smiled. Frederick glared at me and folded his arm, "Where's mommy?" I chuckled slightly and moved closer to him, "Your mommy is really tired, she is just resting in our bedroom." I explained. Frederick glared at me and unfolded his arms. "You better have not hurt her." he spitefully spoke.

I chuckled and Frederick went back to eating. I sighed slightly and stared down at my ring, I took another bite and stared up at the candlelight. My gaze then directed away and I looked at the doorway to see Y/N standing still. "Y/N!" I shuffled in my seat and jumped up raising my arm. Y/N grinned slightly and I pulled out a chair for her. She moved towards the table and sat down. "How are you Y/N?" Still tired?" I smiled. Y/N just nodded and picked up her cutlery.

Something was off. I quickly went back to my plate and continued eating while glancing at Y/N every now and then. "Mommy guess what!" Frederick exclaimed and moved closer to his mother, Y/N smiled and she giggled, "What's wrong Frederick?" Frederick grinned and pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket. "Mr Jameston helped me write this for you. It's in French." he grinned proudly. I smiled and Y/N patted his head, "This is wonderful Frederick but mommy can't speak French." Y/N smiled. Frederick pouted slightly but then smiled. "It's okay mommy, I'll make a translation for you with Mr Jameston." He grinned.

I chuckled slightly and stood up, Y/N, Frederick and Matilda looked at me and I smiled. "Just need to write something down," I explained. Y/N nodded and Matilda smiled as I walked out of the hall.

My hands were shaking in fear as I walked out. Everything was perfect, and I needed it to stay like this. I just needed Y/N to stay. I quickly shuffled to my study and sat down. I didn't like harming others, but if they were going to take all of this joy I've suffered for they deserved to be hung.

I grabbed a quill and inkpot and lit a lamp. I pulled out a piece of parchment and my blues eyes reflected the orange glow. My hand scribbled over the page and I breathlessly wrote down on the piece of paper in big bold ink.

Death Warrant

I, King George the third personally convict Samuel and Ella Seabury for high treason. They are to be hung as soon as possible as well as anyone involved.

I quickly wrote down the last bit and took a breath. It was my first death warrant that I issued myself. I didn't want to kill them but it was their fault. I just wanted a happy life.

~End part four~