Chapter 20 ~ Morning Tea

2nd of August 1776

"I love you."

My eyes shot open and my body adjusted to my surroundings. I felt the soft fabric against my bare skin and gripped the sheet tightly. I remembered where and why I was here. I quickly sat up examining the room.

I looked to my left and saw a messy pillow, I sighed recalling the events of last night and laid back down. I childishly fiddled with the blanket.

"Good morning Y/N!" George popped up from the side of the bed with a cheerful smile. I flinched, how did this guy just appear? George smiled and kissed my forehead, "I woke up earlier and saw you sleeping so peacefully. So I left you." he explained answering my thoughts. I looked at him, he was fully dressed in his usual attire of frills and several shades of red and gold. I forced a smile to please the brat, and then remembered my lack of clothes.

"Um... Can I get changed?" I asked. George looked at me awkwardly but then giggled, "O-oh of course! Your clothes are over in that drawer. Once you're done you can join me downstairs for breakfast." he then walked out of the room leaving me to myself.

I blankly paused for a minute, waiting to hear George's footsteps disappear. Soon the sound of clicking on marble disappeared and I threw my blanket off. I honestly felt like an idiot scattering across the room naked but it did anyway.

My hands grabbed the handles of the drawer and I searched for something to wear. I searched through the array of frilly dresses trying to find something that actually looked nice.

I dug deeper and soon found a nice black skirt that was around ankle length.

I smiled and continued to search for a top

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I smiled and continued to search for a top. I soon came across a nice, long sleeve blouse with a black ribbon.

I gripped the white fabric and slid on the white blouse along with the black skirt

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I gripped the white fabric and slid on the white blouse along with the black skirt. I looked plain but I liked it, it was simple. I also reached for a pair of grey stockings and put them on to warm my legs. I walked over to the mirror and smiled. I was finally wearing something that didn't completely immobilise me.

I spun around and then searched for a pair of shoes. To my luck, I found a pair of simple black dress shoes.

I slid them on and reached for the wooden door

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I slid them on and reached for the wooden door. My hand felt the cold metal and flinched. I held the handle again and it clicked. I smiled and took a deep breath, I was going to keep my composure. I had to seem docile to the King's game. Maybe then he'd grow bored. The door opened and the light of the palace reflected onto my eyes.

Finally an open door.

~King George's pov~

I sat in the empty dining hall waiting for Y/N. I fiddled with the ring on my finger and moved my food around aimlessly. I sighed and took a bite of the cold food.

I then heard the click of shoes and saw Y/N dressed very plainly. I looked at her confused, I'm sure there were some really pretty dresses in the drawer. Y/N walked forward and sat down near me.

"Y/N why are you wearing something so plain? Was there no pretty dresses?" I inquired. Y/N looked around nervously. She always did that when searching for an excuse. She then spoke up regaining her composure, "Unlike you darling, I prefer to dress for simply." I laughed at her newfound confidence. "I guess you now have the guts to address me as something other than 'Your Majesty'," I smirked taking another bite of my food.

Y/N didn't hesitate this time though, "Well I think I'll be here for a while, so I better get used to 'loving' you." This time I was perplexed by Y/N's poise, maybe losing her purity changed her. I smiled at her, she was smarter and more confident as ever all because of me. I proudly looked at my wife and kissed her on the cheek tenderly.

Somehow my fall into insanity was slowed by the person who almost led me to it. Y/N smiled with a love for me that I knew she had. She was my light and I was hers.

~Ella's pov~

"He's a complete nutcase I tell you, the kindest physco in history!" Y/N ranted. I awkwardly let her vent for a few minutes and was completely bombarded with words. "Y/N slow down, I understand that your stressed but shouldn't you be worrying about other things." I scolded her.

Y/N sighed, "I know, it's just your plan is risky! And not to mention the bit where we have to literally kill someone." I rubbed my temple in frustration, "Well what else am I going to do. Stay here and watch you suffer. Y/N what happens if he hurts you." I flailed my arms in frustration.

"Ella I want you to escape by yourself, go back to America and live your life." Y/N contented. I looked at her with remorse, "I'm not leaving you here with that monster." I argued back.

Y/N smiled softly and her gaze directed to her feet. I hate seeing my cousin in this state. I sighed and Y/N got up. "I'm sorry Ella but I need to go. I feel sick." Y/N said plainly. I looked at her with pity as she scurried out.

My hands felt cold and so did the room. I was alone in a foreign country, caged. My cousin was forced to marry and love our captor and I was left to wait for new hope.

The coldness of the room consumed my lungs as I drew in breath. I held in my tears staying strong for everyone. The memory of Samuel flashed in my mind, the hope of love gave me warmth. I was going to escape this hell with Y/N and Samuel.

And to King George, f*ck you.

King George x reader - An Uncommon Game - Hamilton जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें