★ 26

"When is the Olympics again?" Jieun asks

Jisung and Chenle is waiting for the popcorn and Jaemin, who is currently playing mario kart with Jeno turned his head towards his sister. "Next week, how's horse riding?"

"I bet it's hard, only Renjun can master that thing, he's the only ace in our school." Haechan said

Jieun nods. "It's very hard, I don't get how he could do that thing well."

"He used to practice with his friend a lot." Jisung said, walking into the living room with a bucket popcorn on his hand

Chenle have her the bucket of popcorn. "Want some?"

"Sure, thanks." 

Haechan leaned closer to her, taking the popcorn from her hand.

"His friend? I thought you guys were his only friend?" Jieun asks

Jieun frowned, she remembered about Renjun mentioning his friend a few times before, but he never mentioned anything more.

Jeno shook his head, eyes still focused on the screen. "No, he used to have another friend other than us."

Jieun looked around the room, trying to find the Huang Renjun himself but then she remembered- he's not even here. "Really?"

"Yeah, they were very close, before she died at least." Jisung said, mumbling the last word, but she heard it clearly

Then it hits her, Renjun really mentioned about her before, he told her she resembles his old friend a lot.

"What happened?" Jieun asks again as her own curiousity gets the best of her

Jaemin sighs, putting his controller down. He turned around, facing his little sister, staring at her with dull eyes. "She just died- he said it was an acciedent, but he never tell the full story. All we know is that she meant a lot him."

——⚜✨——

Jieun sits on the bench again, thinking about her life. Her life is messed up, full of traumas and bad memories, and she's only seventeen. She misses her parents, she rarely meet them, especially after the incident that happened a few years ago.

"Well I guess meet here again, Na Jieun."

Jieun turned his head towards the guy as he sat down beside her, flashing her a sweet smile. Hyunjin looked away, looking at his surroundings.

"Yeah, I guess so." Jieun said

"The weather's nice, isn't it?"

Jieun just hummed, turning her head towards him. "Sorry, what were you saying?"

Hyunjin chuckled, shaking his head lightly. "It's nothing important, what were you thinking about you seem like you're thinking about something serious."

Jieun smiled lightly, looking at the group of male figures that's coming towards her.

"Well yeah, it is actually."

Then another male figure appeared, standing in front of her. The guy glared at Hyunjin before looking back at her. "Come on, Jieun. We need to practice."

Renjun shoved his hands into his pocket, still glaring at Hyunjin. Hyunjin just chuckled at him, standing up so stand in front of the male. "Who are you to take her away just like that?"

"And who are you to stop me from taking her to practice which is clearly more important than talking to you- an asshole." Renjun fired back

Jieun sighs, standing up in the middle of them both. "Stop fighting. Sorry but I have to practice now."

Hyunjin chuckled bitterly, looking away from her for a second before glaring at Renjun again. 

"You're just gonna listen to him just like that?"

Jieun stayed quiet, she looked at Renjun, before turning her head towards Hyunjin again.

"Yes, yes I am."