chapter 76: karaoke!

Start from the beginning

tenya gets the most applause yet, even katsuki cheered a bit. "that was amazing tenya." tsuyu says, "why thank you tsuyu." he says with a smile. "well you know the eye of the storm? if the storm is good singing than this is it, mina with cant hold us by macklemore and ryan lewis!"

"return of the Mack, get up, what it is, what it does, what it is, what it isnt, looking for a better way to get up out of bed Instead of getting on the internet and checking a new hit we get up, fresh out, pimp strut walking little bit of humble, little bit of cautious somewhere between like, rocky and cosby, sweater game nope, nope, yall can't copy that Bad, moonwalkin, this here, is our party my posse's been on broadway, and we did it our way, grown music I shed my skin and put my bones into everything, I record to it And yet I'm on,
 let that stage light go and shine on down got the bob barker suit game and plinko in my style money stay on my craft and stick around for those pounds But I do that to pass the torch and put on for my town Trust me, on my I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T shit hustling chasing dreams since I was fourteen With the fourtrack, bussin Halfway cross that city with the backpack, fat cat, crush shit labels out here, nah, they can't tell me nothin We give that to the people, spread it across the country, labels out here, nah, they can't tell me nothin, We give it to the people,
spread it across the country"

"wow! i dint know you can rap mina!" tooru says happily, "yea! i can do everything!" mina jokes, "honestly, far beyond expectations, good job mina." eijiro says, "yea, i know right? anyway, now we have kyoka with stereo hearts by gym class heroes!" you say excitedly, "isnt that what you sung before becoming a villain?" ochako asks, "yea, but im staying no worries." kyoka says before singing.

"if i could only find a note to make you understand, id sing it softly in your ear and grab you by the hand, keep it stuck inside your head like your favorite tune, and know my hearts a stereo that only plays for you.
my hearts a stereo! it beats for you so listen close, hear my thoughts in every no-o-ote,
make me your radio! turn me up when you feel low, this melody was meant for you, so sing along to my stereo!
oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, to my stereo, oh, oh, oh, oh, so sing along to my stereo, let's go!"

"awesome job kyoka!" you cheer, "that was excellent kyoka." momo compliments, "thanks guys, whos next?" kyoka asks, "me." you say before starting to sing.

"i know...i was born for this, i know...i was born for this,
 i will never lose my voice, if i cut out all the noise,
i know...i was born for this, i know...i was born for this.
i believe, i believe, we could write a story,
i believe, i believe, we can be an army!
we are the warriors! who learn to love the pain! we come from different places, but have the same name,
cause we were, cause we were, cause we were,
cause we were born for this, we were born for this,
we are the broken ones, who chose to spark a flame, 
watch as our fire rages, our hearts are never tame!
cause we were, cause we were, cause we were,
cause we were born for this! we were born for this!"

when you finish singing everyone is silent. "that bad huh?" you ask, suddenly everyone bursts into applause. "bad? that was the best performance of the night!" mina says while everyone just nods in agreement. "well we arent done yet! we still have three more! the teams!" tooru says excitedly, "yep, and first is mina and tooru doing this is me by keala settle!" you say before they begin.

(mina = bold tooru = italic)

"im not a stranger to the dark...hide away, they say cause we dont want you broken parts."

"ive learned to be ashamed of all my scars, run away, they say cause no one will love you as you are, but, i wont let them break me down to dust, i know that theres a place for us...for we are glorious."  "when the sharpest words wanna cut me down..." "im gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out..." "i am brave." "i am bruised." "i am who im meant to be." "this is me. look out cause here i come, and im marching on to the beat i drum, im not scared to be seen i make no apologies! this is me!

"that was great guys!" you say happily, "yea! really standing up for mutation quirks!" kaminari points out, "yea. that was kinda the point." mina says bluntly, "now for the cutest performance of the night, we have izuku and ochako doing the last of the real ones by fallout boy." you announce.

(izuku = bold ochako = italics)

"i was just an only child of the universe! and the i found you, and then i found you, you are the sun and i am just the planets, spinning around you, spinning around you."
"you were too good to be true! gold plated, but whats inside you? but whats inside you? i know this whole dang city thinks it needs you, but not as much as i do, as much as i do, yea, cause your the last of a dying breed!"
"write our names in the wet concrete! i wonder if your therapist knows, everything about me."
"im here in search of your glory, theres been a million before me, that ultra kind of love ya, never walk away from, your just the last of the real ones!
your just the last of the real ones
(your just the last of the real ones) your just the last of the real ones (you're just the last of the real ones) your just the last of the real ones!"

"amazing performance you two!" tenya says with a smile, "yea, it fits." shoto says, "that was so much fun!" ochako squeals, "i barely sung any of it, that was all ochako." izuku reasons, "true, but it was basically worshiping you." you argue, "see! thats what i said, but ochako really wanted to do it." izuku says. "anyway, now we have a possibly unwilling participant!" you say only half joking, "who?" izuku asks, "kyoka, get up here! the two of us are singing from now on, by hugh jackman!"

"for years and years, i chased their cheers, the crazy speed of always needing more. but when i stop! and see you here! i remember who all this was for! and from now on! these eyes will not be blinded by the light!"
"from now on, whats waited til tomorrow starts tonight, it starts tonight!"
"and let this promise in me start, like an anthem in my heart! from now on! from now on! from now on!"
"and we will come back home! and we will come back home! home again!"

when the music stops everyone claps. "that isnt saying your leaving right?" mina asks worriedly, "nope! its saying that no matter what, ill come back home."