Chapter 37: A New Reality

Y/N

Y/N: *Looking around anxiously* H-how long is this going to take? I don't want people seeing you do this...

Mina: *Smirks* Aww, is Y/N scared I'm gonna get in trouble because of me using my quirk? Pfft, that's so adorable.

Y/N: *Looking away* O-of course no-not! *Attempting to dodge the question* What a-are you even doing anyway? I've never seen you so focused before.

Mina: *Turning her head around slightly, smiling reassuringly before facing the tree once more* You'll see~

The sun barely peaked over the horizon after what had just happened ten minutes prior, and although Y/N was slightly worried about Mina using her acid quirk in public, seeing a stream of smoke emnate just in front of her shoulder, he was still absolutely buzzing with joy and excitement after what had just occurred beforehand.

I can't believe it... Mina kissed me! And I did the same to her!

Am I dreaming?! Is this whole thing real?!

It was a stupid question, but it showed just how unbelievable the reality he found himself in was. Mina, unaware of his excited thoughts, traced her finger over the trunk of the cherry blossom tree that stood behind them at all times, ever-present as it watched what had just happened. She curved her direction slightly before humming with approval, finishing the final touches to the design.

Mina: Aaaaaaaaand... done!! *Smiles* You can look now!

She sidestepped out of the way and allowed her horn buddy to see the "masterpiece" she created.

Y/N: Huh? What did you... make...

Y/N felt like he would faint on the spot, not out of fear but instead of pure happiness to watch Mina drew on the trunk with her acid. The design itself wasn't too big, and the depth the acid cut through wasn't enough to harm the tree, only going a few centimeters inwards whilst still maintaining a very recognizable shape.

It was a carved out heart, with the initials "M+I/N" carved within the center, ready to see by all who wandered by the beautiful structure of nature, and set to gaze out into the blue abyss and its many sunsets for years to come.

Y/N: *Stammers, purely shocked and awed by her sudden action* I-I... This is... amazing! I can't believe you'd do such a thing...

Damn it, I feel like I could pass out right here and now... SHE'S JUST TOO KIND!!

Mina: *Her cheeks reddened at his compliment* Hey, you did all this for me, so why not do the same for you?

He gazed at the person who was now his girlfriend, a title he never thought he would know her by. The heart, and the many other things she did for him, made him question if he really thought he deserved Mina, thinking she'd be better off with someone better than himself.

But that'd be just insulting her heartwarming speech to him minutes prior, so he just rolled with it and hugged her for the kind act.

Y/N: Thank you... Mina.

Mina: Hehe, no problem! *Laughs slightly* Though, you may want to watch the distance.

Y/N: *Confused* What are you-

She pointed to the top of their heads, and only then did Y/N realise what Mina meant by the word "distance". Their yellow and black horns respectfully were only a few centimeters away from touching, and remembering what happened the last time Mina attempted to touch horns, which didn't exactly go so well, he immediately backed away in a state of panic.

Y/N: A-ah, sorry about that! Guess I should've been a bit more careful.

Mina: *Giggles at his embarrassed behavior* Nah, it's no biggie. I'm just surprised we didn't touch when we... well, you know...