Chapter 9: A Broken Friendship (Part 2)

Many years ago

A small boy, probably around four years old, was sitting on the curb near his house crying, not because he was upset, but because he was angry. He had a few plasters on his head along with a couple of bandages wrapped around his chest and left arm but the only other things present across his body were some bruises dotted around.

A few cars roared by but no one paid him any mind, like they had better things to do. That wouldn't be the case, however, if they knew who the boy actually was.

???: Damn that man, he hurt me then he hurt mom, and for what? *Bringing his knees close to his chest as he wrapped his arms around them* It's all my fault for failing and now she's hurt!

This small boy had recently discovered his quirk's existence and from that day he was trained. Hard.

At first it was tolerable, but he was confused on what started the whole thing, and then it got worse and worse, so much so that his own mother tried to help him but got smacked by the man he now very much hated.

???: *Sniffles* All because of this stupid power...

He held out his left palm to see a little small flame dance across his palm, occasionally moving in the direction of the wind. He then held out his right hand and a small patch of ice covered it, he placed it on the ground and a small line of ice began to form over the concrete but stopped before it could do anything harmful.

???: I... *Sniff* couldn't wait to get my power, I wanted to be a hero just like All Might! But now... I just got someone hurt... because I failed.

???(2): E-excuse me? Are you all right?

The boy felt a small tap on the shoulder, making him turn around in fright, fearing it was someone bad, but instead it was another small boy around his age and height.

???(2): It's just... you looked sad.

???: *Looking away* I'm fine, leave me alone.

The little boy was confused by that answer so instead he just sat beside him on the curb and looked at him with curious eyes.

???: *Agitated* Did you not hear me? I said leave me alone!

???(2): *Tilting his head* Why? My mommy said that you should help people who are sad.

His eyes wandered down to the boy's hands to see his right one still covered in a patch of ice and his left one having a little mark on it.

???(2): Wow, is that your quirk?! It looks so cool!

Cool? No one has ever said that about my quirk before, the only thing I got was a punch to the stomach saying I was weak.

???: *Surprised* I-I... yeah it is...

???(2): Are they from your parents?

???: *Nodding* Y-yes... Do you want... to see it?

He preformed the same actions as he did before, showing both of his abilities off to the new boy who looked in awe at the sight.

???: I know it may look like two quirks to most people, but... *Shifts on the spot nervously* it's only really one quirk with two abilities.

???(2): *Claps excitedly* That. Was. AWESOME! I wish I had a power like yours!

To say he was confused would be an understatement.

Who is this boy? He seems so... joyful.

???: Well... what is your power?

His eyes widened slightly before looking down at the concrete road before him, which caused the other boy to wonder if he was okay.

???(2): O-oh... well, you see...