Chapter 29: Departure

Y/N

Not much happened after that morning.

Y/N decided to head back to his room after the whole "Hand crusher" fiasco while the troublesome trio stayed in their one. There, Y/N was allowed to get some much needed sleep as he felt his horns begin to act up once again.

He never did dwell further regarding his experience on Wednesday night, and Scarlet was all for it as he retreated into his mind once more.

That night, Iida was discharged from the hospital following his diagnosis and went to stay with his mother to make a full recovery. Todoroki, Midoriya and Y/N, who was suddenly woken up, waved goodbye from the latter's hospital window, and Iida waved back before departing from Hosu.

Y/N also suddenly realised that he didn't have a phone anymore, all thanks to Ashido for distracting his assailant long enough for him to escape.

Once again, she had saved his life.

Friday morning soon sprung around and it was time for Todoroki to bid farewell to the remaining two student patients. Y/N could recall him coming into his room and saying goodbye, stating that he wanted to see if his father had any shame on his face after taking the publicity regarding Stain's defeat.

Y/N: *Shrugs* Well, okay then. But if you're going to ask him that then I have a favour to ask of you.

Todoroki: What is it?

Y/N: *Sits up from his bed* Tell him that if he really wanted me to take him up on his offer, then he should do himself a favour and fix his shitty attitude. I'm not going to intern under a man who may or may not use my quirk for his own gain.

With that, he laid back down without a single regret on his face, almost smiling in fact as Shouto looked him with a mixed expression.

Much like his hair.

Todoroki: That's all you wanted to say?

Y/N: *Coughs* You wanted more?!

Todoroki: *Shaking his head* No. *Walking to the door* I'll relay it, don't worry. Just don't blame me if your house suddenly catches fire.

They share a small laugh and with that, Todoroki left his childhood friend and went back to his father's agency. All that remained of the quartet now was him, and Midoriya.

Probably due to the fact that his injuries were far less severe compared to Izuku's and Y/N's.

The duo spent the majority of their day either resting, playing card games, or just talking about stuff in general. Much to Midoriya's dismay, seeing himself as a decent player in cards, Y/N ended up winning six times out of ten in their matches.

But, that was mainly due to the cards he got.

Midoriya: *Placing down a red six* Yes, Uno! I can't believe it, I'm going to win! He still has two cards left and that was because he had to pick up one! Go ahead, Y/N. Place down your card.

Izuku was, to say the least, extremely confident that he would win this match. It didn't matter if he had five losses under his belt, all that mattered was winning this single match.

Unfortunately...

Y/N: *Smirks* Wow, Midoriya. You sure are happy for some reason. Even with two cards, are you really willing to bet that I have the same colour as you? The same number?

Midoriya: Wait... Why is he smirking?

Y/N: *Sighs* It's a risky gamble, in one instance you can win easily. The other? Heh, well you'll just have to wait and see.