Chapter 10: Consequences

Mina

Mina: *Yelling* What the hell do you mean "you don't know"?! You were there fighting him!

Todoroki: Ashido, calm down. There's no need to yell.

Mina: *Scoffs* Yeah, sure there isn't. It's not like my friend lost control because you went all out on him!

It was a few hours after the hero class, ever since the incident those in Y/N's friend group have been checking in on him at Recovery Girl's office, but he hadn't woken up. Now that classes were let out, Mina went to see Y/N again after her failed attempt at trying to see him earlier, only to be stopped by her homeroom teacher, Mr. Aizawa. After much protest she gave up and went for lunch yet she couldn't get the boy's state out of her mind.

She was worried sick.

Once she actually reached the office, even though her classmates begged for her to wait up, she was quite surprised to see Todoroki there too. But that soon turned to disapproval.

Todoroki: I already said it was an accident. Besides, you wouldn't understand.

Mina: Yeah right, I've been through enough crap so don't give me that excuse!

Todoroki: Are you sure about that?

His sudden change in tone shook her but she stood her ground. To Mina, a simple mood change wasn't going to affect her in any way, but regardless of her reassurance Shouto continued.

Todoroki: You've known Y/N for quite a while now, so I'm sure you know that he's been through a lot in his life.

Mina: How do you-

Todoroki: But there are things he prefers to keep quiet about. *Beginning to walk away* I was going to visit him but I guess that can wait.

Mina: Well...*Glaring* I guess that's true but at least I was there to help him! You two probably have some history but that didn't seem to help Y/N when I first saw him!

Todoroki was never one to get ticked off or be affected by verbal responses, not even Bakugou seemed to faze him when he went about his daily rants. That one simply retort said otherwise. It him severely, so much so that it made him stop with a grunt, not out of anger or irritation but because she was right... About all of it.

Though he did want to turn around and shout at her, that inner childhood feeling wanted to do that... yet it would be no use.

Instead, he just said three words...

Todoroki: You're right.

And Todoroki walked off, leaving a confused and still angry Mina standing alone in the hallway. Although, she would be cut off from her thoughts when a few familiar voices caught her attention.

Kirishima: *Waving* Yo, Mina!

Kaminari: You should really slow down, y'know. This place is is big enough as it is!

Jiro: Stop complaining, you just can't be bothered memorizing the layout.

Kaminari: *Pouting* C-come on, Kyouka! Cut me some slack!

Sero: Ohhh, first name basis, ladies and gentlemen! Are you two dating?

Mina couldn't help but laugh at their behavior, it was like they were in their own little group that loved to mess around with each other, her included.

Kirishima: So have you seen him yet? Is he okay?

Mina: *Shaking her head* No, not yet. Got a little distracted.

Kaminari: Well... how about we all go in together?! He should be up by now!

Sero: Yeah! Good idea!

???: CAN YOU KIDS KEEP IT DOWN?! I'M TRYING TO WORK HERE!