Chapter 27: Aftermath (Part 1)

David

Shigaraki sat on one of the many bar stools that littered his current hideout. He tapped his fingers on the wooden desk impatiently as he waited for his "Associates" to return, his fingers emanating a small drumming sound across the vacant hideout.

Shigaraki: Damn it Kurogiri, how long does it take to wrangle up a bunch of idiots?! They should've gotten the signal already so why-

He was cut out of his thoughts when an all too recognizable warp gate suddenly erupted from oblivion, swirling clockwise as the purple gate grew larger and larger until it was wide enough for the average person to fit through.

Shigaraki: *Frustrated* FINALLY! YOU TWO ARE LUCKY THAT I'M IN A-

He was once again interrupted as another recognizable quirk bursted through the gate.

And with it came Sapphire who was slammed against the wall hard, the wooden structure cracking from the sudden intense pressure that was inflicted upon it. Shigaraki jumped from his seat when David walked through the gate, the youngest of the group looking at his mother with rage as Kurogiri quickly reformed into his humanoid shape.

Kurogiri: Mr. Veer! Please calm down!

The older Veer tried to pry herself out of her son's restraints but due to her earlier fight with the Number Two Hero, she had exceeded her quirk's limit and had nowhere near the amount of strength she once had. All she she could do now was hopelessly claw away at her son's quirk, the boy in question walking towards her with a sinister glare.

Shigaraki: What the hell happened?! You two were supposed to cause destruction to the city, not wound up trying to kill eachother!

David: It was, until someone decided to keep some pretty important secrets from me!

Sapphire continues prying helplessly at his quirk as Shigaraki looks at him, then to his more trusted adviser.

Shigaraki: Mind telling me what the hell happened!?

Kurogiri: *Looking over to the two Veers* Things were going to plan, for the most part anyway. They held their end of it and did as you asked.

Shigarki: ...And?

Kurogiri: *Sighs* Mr. Veer "Encountered" his rival, so to speak, and the whole thing kicked off from there. *Looking at Sapphire, whose face was beginning to turn blue from the lack of oxygen* His mother went to rescue him from the pro heroes but unfortunately got caught in the crossfire.

Shigaraki: What the hell does that have to do with this?

David, for the first time since he returned to the hideout, had decided to speak up.

David: How about we let her explain the details. Hm? Afterall...

He releases his grip on his mother, letting her gasp for air and stumble onto the ground. She coughed profusely before she looked up at her son, almost saddened by what had just occurred between them.

David: *Glares* A pro hero isn't one to sugarcoat things. Right, Trophic Hero Derieri?

After the rescue, the woman in question finally hoped that the two could reconnect and work on their differences...

But that opportunity, for the most part, was dashed in the instant Endeavor had said her name.

Kurogiri: The Trophic Hero? That name was in the media around sixteen years ago, in which a pro hero had been reported as K.I.A after a rescue mission.

Shigaraki: YOU LET A FORMER PRO IN OUR GROUP!?

The woman in question flinched at his outcry, but David ignored both of their reactions.