Chapter 32: Recovery

Mina

Dawn had broken through once more, Ashido lazily opened her eyes as her internal body clock decided to wake her up. Unlike most mornings where the sun would be beaming down across the city and the surrounding landscape as the days got longer and longer, leading up to the summer solstice, this morning was rather different as a blanket of grey laid out across the sky, hence why the room seemed darker than it should've been. She gave off a small, semi-high-pitched yawn, rubbing her eyes before trying to sit up.

That's when she realised she couldn't.

Mina: *Mumbles tiredly* What the...

She felt a pair of arms wrapped around her back, and the same could be said to the person she was laying beside as they continued on sleeping. Then it all made sense to her, remembering what had previously unfolded yesterday evening she recalled holding the now sleeping Y/N until he had finally calmed down. Although it certainly would've given off a wrong impression to the outside viewer, Mina was incredibly grateful that she finally got a good night sleep due to the unfortunate link she and her friend possessed.

Awwww, I forgot how peaceful he looked while sleeping.

So cute!!!!

Unfortunately, that's when reality struck her as she laid beside her more than obvious crush, a sharp red blush quickly forming across her cheeks, slowly pulling herself away as she slithered her arms from his body.

H-he's right there, and so close!

We didn't... did we?

Nah, our school cloths are still on. Thank goodness.

She sighed in relief but was then confronted by another thought as she stared at him. Mina recalled the night where she was about to kiss Y/N, and vice versa, but was unfortunately interrupted and caused an awkward tension between the two. That was later resolved but this time it was different as Mina shook her head with confliction from the thoughts that were now appearing.

Maybe I could... No! That wouldn't be fair on him!

But he's sleeping right in front of me, Y/N wouldn't kno-

Oh shit he's waking up!

A small groan escaped the boy's lips as Y/N was pulled back from his deep sleep and into reality.

Y/N:*Half asleep* Ugh... what time is it...?

Taking advantage of his current state, Ashido quickly turned around and pretended to be asleep, a little idea springing into her mind.

Y/N: *Noticing a disturbance in his covers* Huh? Is someone... there?

That's when he spotted the distinct yellow horns and pink fluffy hair, now more awake to actually see what was going on. Y/N started to internally freak out, unsurprisingly, due to this.

Y/N: *Shocked* Holy crap, I slept with a girl!! *Even more shocked* HOLY SHIT, I SLEPT WITH ASHIDO!! Okay Y/N, calm down, you've been through this sort of thing before; you have the experience!

After giving himself a mental pep talk Y/N gave off a look of bravery as he stretched.

Y/N: Huh, I guess there was nothing to be afraid o-

Mina: *Suddenly turning around with a grin at a fast speed* BOO!!

Y/N: *Screams* AHHHH!!

All visible courage that was once present on his face had now disappeared as he jolted so hard he fell of the bed with a thump. Even Ashido, who had planned the whole scare out, couldn't help but jolt at his reaction.