Thunderstorm

❤️ TodoDeku 💚

A loud crash of thunder fills the damp air as rain crashes down onto the earth above. A flash of lightning beams down onto the ground, lighting up the dark night for a split second before vanishing into nothing. Shadows of trees and leaves bursting into the room of a small toddler, the three year old squeaking out as the shadow quivers to come touch her before vanishing into mere thin air. The banging of heavy rain forcing her to stay awake as she tosses and turns in her small bed. Her All Might bedspread bunching up around her wriggling body, holding her Endeavor plush close to her chest with a small whimper.

Her eyes widen as another rumble of thunder rolls through the air, squeaking as she clutches her plush tighter, hoping that maybe it'll protect her. Another flash of lightning squeezes through the air chasing a shriek from the girl, squirming out of her bed, crashing into her bedroom floor in an array of bedsheets and flailing legs. A small whimper leaving her lips as she scrambles out of her bedcovers and away from her bed, darting to her bedroom door which was slightly open.

She holds her Endeavor plush close to her as she braves the hallway, running through the hall, her little feet pattering against the floor as she rushes to her parents bedroom. Reaching on her tip toes to try and open the door, she whines softly, shrieking again as lightning flashes through the window and pulls at the door, falling through as it finally opens.

Izuku shoots upright at the sound of his door opening. Rubbing his eyes gently as he takes a deep breath, looking around his room, tilting his head at the whimpering daughter on his floor.

"Sweetie, what are you doing up?" Izuku whispers, sliding out of his bed and scooping the petrified girl into his arms, pressing a kiss to his forehead, "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I — I — I scared... mama... don't like it," she whimpers, hiding her face in his neck, clinging onto him tightly as thunder claps through the air, "Scary,"

"I — Izu... where — what?" Shoto groggily murmurs, half awake as he feels no presence beside him, his hair rather messy as he sits up, yawning softly, "Whats going on?.... why aren't you in bed?"

"(Y/n), can't sleep," Izuku explains, kissing her forehead as he sits back down on his bed, rubbing her back gently, "She's scared,"

"Aww, come here, snowflake," Shoto hums, holding his arms out with a sleepy smile, happily taking his daughter into his arms as she snuggles into him, "Me and mama will protect you from the thunderstorm,"

"It's scary, daddy," she whimpers, snuggling into him as her parents shift to lie back down, (Y/n) laying in the middle, "Don't like it,"

"I know baby, I know," he says, pressing a kiss to her temple as he snuggles into bed, "Daddy's... here..."

Izuku rolls his eyes with a soft smile as Shoto drifts off to sleep without a second thought. The guy could sleep through anything, even when they were back at U.A. he'd often find his dual haired boyfriend sleeping in the most inconvenient of times and places. Once found him sleeping in the locker room sleeping in just a towel. He was lucky Bakugo hadn't found him, he knew that wouldn't have ended well.

"Daddy's funny, isn't he?" Izuku whispers, tickling his daughters tummy with a smile making her giggle gently, "Daddy's had a long day full of hero work, sweetie, best to let him rest,"

"I sorry," she says sniffling

"Hey, you're fine baby, it's our job to keep you safe too," Izuku hums, wrapping an arm around her to keep her close as she snuggles in, "You got your papa Enji plush, huh?"