39

I wake up because the baby is crying. I yawn and get up. When I open the door to the baby room, I see one of my old colleagues standing next to the crib. 'Get away from there.' The door closes behind me and someone grabs my arms. 'Don't worry. We wouldn't want to hurt anyone else's baby.' I sigh relieved. 'We just want to hurt you.' I close my eyes and take a deep breath. 'How did you get in here?' My old colleague chuckles and walks closer to me. The baby looks in my direction and cries harder.

'Sweetie, please don't make a sound. I am fine.' Luckily, the baby calms down and is quiet. 'We came in because we have official papers that we showed to the guards. We are here to "investigate" the building.' I swallow and shake my head. 'You can't just misuse your power as a cop!' My old colleague punches me a few times in my face. My nose begins to bleed but I am not giving up just yet. 'That is why I became a cop! To get rid of people like you in the system!' The old colleague begins to punch more and more, but now also in my stomach.

The doorknob is twirling. Sarah and Jimin can't come in since there is one person standing against the door, holding it close. 'At least don't do this in front of a baby. Let's take this outside.' The old colleague laughs hard and punches me more. 'Jenn, are you okay?! We are coming to get you out of there together with our baby!' I feel my body getting weaker and weaker until I can't even move my mouth anymore to talk. 'Now she is good to take outside. Let the mother in to get to the baby.'

The other guy nods and opens the door. 'Oh my god Jenn.' The person that held my arms throws me over his shoulder and walks away. 'You better take care of your baby Madame.' Sarah runs to her child but also looks worried at me. 'Don't... Worry...' Suddenly, Jimin runs to us and shoots the guy that holds me over his shoulder in his other shoulder so he drops me. 'And now you're all going away before all of you get shot.' My old colleague smirks and grabs his gun.

With all the strength that I have left in my body, I run to Jimin and push him away. I get hit in the side of my stomach and fall on the ground. When there is a sound of sirens, all the old colleagues leave the house. 'Jimin hide the gun now!' Jimin nods and brings the gun away. 'Jenn, stay with us. That's the ambulance. Don't worry.' I nod weakly and wipe Sarah's tears away. 'Don't... Cry...' Sarah shakes her head and holds onto me tighter. 'I am getting flashbacks. I don't want to need to lose all over again. I already lost you once.'

Taehyung's POV
My phone suddenly goes off. I look on the screen and see Sarah's number. 'Sarah, it's 3;47 am, plus this is Taehyung and not Jenn.' I sit up and yawn. 'Taehyung, with Jimin... Jenn is going to the hospital now. I am sorry that I couldn't protect her like I promised.' My eyes shoot wide open. 'What? Where is she going?!' Jimin swallows and says the location of the hospital which where she is going. 'I am on my way!' I run to my closet and get some random clothes out of it. 'Babe... What's going on?'

Jungkook sits up and looks sleepy at me. 'Sorry babe. Go back to sleep. I need to go to the hospital.' Jungkook raises his eyebrow and stands up. 'Why? Baby?' Tears stream over my cheeks. Jungkook puts his hands on my cheeks and wipes away my tears. 'I am driving then. You can't drive in this state.' I sigh and grab Jungkook's hands. 'Neither can you. You're still really sleepy.' Jungkook shakes his head and kisses me. 'Not if it's for you or Jenn. Now let's go.' I grab a shirt for Jungkook and give it to him while we walk to the car.

When we arrive at the hospital, I see a lot of Jenn's old colleagues standing before the entrance. 'Sorry mister, you can't enter the hospital unless you have an emergency. This is a place of investigating.' I sigh. The chief walks to us and smiles slightly. 'Your sister is right this way. Follow me please.' I nod and hold Jungkook's hand tightly. The closer I am getting towards Jenn's room, the more nervous I get. 'Calm down TaeTae, I am here next to you the whole time.' I nod and take a deep breath.

'I wish it didn't happen to her. She was the best employee anyone could ever wish for.' I nod and look down. 'Then why did you fire her sir? She was pretty upset about that.' The chief sighs. I am glad that Kook asked that because I am still angry at this fucking bastard. 'A lot of danger happened to her because of a sudden mission that I gave her. I was scared that it could be her dead.' The chief stops in front of a big door. 'She lays behind this door. Take all the time you need. Jenn is in a bad state.'

We both nod and walk in. 'Jennie...' Tears slowly start to come from my eyes. This shouldn't have happened to her. She is supposed to be save at all times.

Jungkook holds me while I begin to cry

Jungkook holds me while I begin to cry. 'I failed her as a brother.' Jungkook shakes his head and gives me a kiss in my hair. 'You didn't. Her old colleagues probably got to her.' I nod and hold Jungkook tightly. 'I love you Tae and I will make sure that Jenn will life longer than this.' I nod and lay my head in the crook of Jungkook's neck while still crying.