Chapter 31

Tati P.O.V

Some times, I felt so alone in my loft. Even though I had Athena, I just missed human contact. Of course Tony would come over, but not all the time.. Only when I had a meeting to go to or an event. Other wise, he'd drop by once a week cause he was busy getting stuff done for me. The girls were at work and of course couldn't come over after cause they would be totally tired. But we did talk on the phone every other day. Those were the moments I waited for. 

I had not mastered to skill of going out on my own because I was still insecure in that sense. I would just go up to the roof which I had over hauled into a garden. It was a massive deck like space with beautiful shrubs and flowers every where. It was  cosy and I loved going up there to read books and just laze around.

This time, since I was determined to get over my fear, I threw over a sweater and put on large shades. I decided not to take the body guards with me. I slipped through the back door and decided to walk to the local book store which was a block away. I took Athena with me of course. Extra protection from my very own bear wouldn't hurt. It was a while since i took her out for a walk anyway.

The weather was perfect. It was just cold enough and sunny enough making it look like a happy day. Athena was on the lookout for squirrels and cats while I just soaked up the sunlight which was just warming me up nicely. I avoided eye contact with anyone that passed me. Not that there would be any eye contact cause my shades were on, but still I looked anywhere but their face.

I tied Athena's leash to the bicycle stand which was in front of the store since animals weren't allowed in. Since I was young, I had always loved books. When I was overweight, I hated going shopping for clothes so when my mother went out, I just told her I'd go to the book shop. Which was exactly what I did. There was just something about the book shop that made me feel like I was at home. The smell of new books made me happy. It still did.

I picked up some gardening books and my favorite novels by Nora Roberts and Dan Brown. At the counter, a young girl started scanning the books and when she looked at me, her face was stunned.

"Oh, my gosh... You're Tatiana Fiori. Oh god, you're my idol. Could I please take a picture with you?" she asked.

"Really? I'm your idol? That's a first. Sure, why not. Just promise me you won't tweet that picture until 30 minutes after I leave." I said.

"I promise. I know what you've been through and I'm sure the vultures will flock over here if they knew where you were." she pulled out her iPhone and she snapped one of the both of us.

"It was really nice meeting you. My name is Katie by the way. Hope you come back soon." she smiled.

"Nice meeting you Katie. Yes, I'll be back. I live pretty close by. See ya soon." I walked out. 

My little bear was giving me the puppy dog face as if saying You left me here all alone. How could you. :(((

"Let's stop by the coffee shop to see if a cute barista boy can give me some coffee and a muffin for you." I patted her head and took off. Few doors away, true enough there was a cute barista boy who gave me a free coffee and a blueberry muffin. Athena and I were walking back home peacefully until my cell phone started to ring. It was from Tony. Oh crap.

"Where the fuck are you? Tristan is going crazy over here. He's screwing the guards over!!" he screamed. In the background, I could hear Tristan yelling at them.

"I just went out for a walk. I'm just around the corner." I hung up. Of all days people came to see me, they choose today. Just my damn luck. I was preparing myself for a long lecture by the sex god himself. My angle of handling this situation was by acting calm and collected as if I did nothing wrong. Truthfully, every time a car passed by me on the street, I thought it would stop and I'd get dragged into it.