Chapter 2

ONE YEAR LATER

"Push yourself!! Push push push!! Don't you dare stop!" my personal trainer Adam bellowed while I was running on the treadmill. 

After that hurtful confrontation by Logan, my parents decided that marriage was a stupid thing to do and they made the business partnership work. In school, however, said partnership had somehow made my life even more miserable.

People assumed that the reason behind the partnership was because I had asked my father to carry it out in order to get closer to Logan. That rumor then spread to another version whereby that I was desperate for Logan to notice me. It just got worst as days went by so I decided to do the worst thing possible. To transfer to a different place.

A whole new city. New York City was the perfect place to do that. My dad had reluctantly agreed to my plan and let me go. 

They tried everything to stop me from going. Bribes from a brand new apartment to new cars and lavish holidays. But I was just not that kind of person. My family changed from the huge success and I remember how grounded we were when we had nothing. I chose to stay more grounded and humble because it was when we were the happiest. 

Leaving my baby brother Mario behind was the only difficult thing about the move. He was in high school and an up and coming football star. Needless to say we were always each other's biggest fans.  

"Tati, I understand why you want to leave. Don't be worried about me. If anything, I want you to be happy and unleash all your wrath in whatever you choose to do. You know us, where there is a will we will find a way to do it. This is it for you. GO enjoy yourself in that big city. I'm always a flight away and hopefully, always have a couch at your place." with that confidence, my immense guilt faded.

Back to my life in NYC. I lived with my cousin and transferred universities to finish my degree in economics. I trained every day after class ended. It was bloody tough but I needed to be tough for once in my life. I never had confidence like other girls had. I never had a guy having a crush on me. I wanted to be like them but better. 

I was almost at my goal weight. The best part about working out was challenging myself. I fuelled each session with anger and channeled everything I had in each session. It was horrendous at first. 

The aches and soreness. The feeling of not being as good as others around me. Then I realized fuck everyone else and I'll get to where I want to be as long as I put the effort in. As my friend group grew, it got fun and we challenged each other.

It also made me feel very disciplined. Which was great because it gave me a new sense of energy throughout college. Not to mention I could officially work out in a sports bra and feel comfortable in it!

A YEAR LATER

There I was in my robe, getting ready to throw my graduation hat up in the air with my classmates. Over the course of the time I was at NYU, I was treated regularly. As I lost my weight more and more people noticed me. But the ones I was close to liked me for who I was and not how I looked like.

I was graduating first class with my major in Economics and ready to start my job at Earnst and Young. 

2 years later...

" Que music and lights where's Tati?!"

"I'm here!!" I said running in my 5 inch heels out to Tom the organizer.

" Go get em' gorgeous!" he said kissing my cheek. I took a deep breath and the next thing I know I heard the music come on. Cobra starship's One night came on and the presenter said " The show begins everyone. Welcome to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show!"

The curtains open and the dancers come to the backstage after their performance and I come out to the runway and begin my walk as the crowd cheers me on. I reach the end of the runway and blow a kiss to the camera and wink. I still couldn't believe that I was a model.