Chapter 1

"Let's just all be calm and rational about this. There's no need to scream Logan."  Mrs. Henderson said trying to soothe her son down.

"Calm down? How do you expect me to do that? You're asking me to get married. To... her. We don't even suit each other." Logan eyed Tatiana distastefully. "Did you even stop to think about the fact that I'm only 25?" Logan Henderson yelled at the top of his lungs. He was pacing back and forth in the study room while my mother and I just sat there watching his outburst.

Yes, I was hurt by what he had said. Who wouldn't be?

On top of that, I knew I was not the typical girl everyone was attracted to. My lanky 5'8'' frame was hidden by the fact that I was approaching obesity very quickly. Food was a guilty pleasure for me. I binge ate certain things that I craved. It was hard for me to admit it, but I had no self-control whatsoever when it came to food. It was like my kryptonite.

 That was a whole different issue as to why I was supposedly planned to marry Logan. We were family friends and business partners. He was starboy, meant to be either in basketball or in some political campaign. His father owned the local tv companies and he was very successful.

Me on the other hand, I was Tatiana Fiori. My father was Santiago Fiori media Mogul. Coming from a strict Italian family, most people were arranged with a partner. A tradition that I didn't think would be forced upon me. The time was apparently here and I was blindsided. So was Logan.

Elders were shown respect, and you rarely questioned them. I was bound to that fact and had always been the timid child. Logan and I were meant to get married because.. we were deemed fit to breed excellence and make both families prosper even more.

Plain and simple, archaic and barbaric as well. 

No one had asked me how I felt about this situation. Why would they? Money had always been a pawn in everything in my life. Not having my own trapped me in these walls and hence in this situation. 

Most girls would kill to be in this position. Or possible position I should say.

I, however,  felt my rage building up.

"Logan, you must understand your father's decision. It is important that you see the positive side." his mother attempted to reason with him.

"See the positive side of things when --" he got cut off by the sound of the study door opening. In came Mr. Henderson and my father. Both of them held cigars in their hands which were already lit. My father sat next to me and my mother, and Logan's dad leaned against the big oak table which was his workstation.

I noticed how Logan had immediately changed his expression into a tamer one. His mother was treated with no respect whatsoever. But it was clear alot was given to his father.

"Now. What seems to be the problem that I could hear you bellowing like a cow from all the way in the bar room?" his father said as he dragged his cigar and slowly released the smoke out in small rings.

Shocked didn't even cover what I was feeling. Heck, the look on Logan's face was even more priceless. "Umm I-- it's just that."

"Just that what? You're a brat who treats your mother disrespectfully but pretends to be well behaved in front of me? I am sure we have thought you better than this Logan?"

Logan shook his head cause he obviously had nothing else to say.

"The reason we have asked you to get married is so we can ensure that there will be a rightful heir to this empire that not only I have worked hard for, but Mr.Fiori has. Now, I am going to leave both of you alone to talk it out and maybe we will have an agreement in half an hour."

Everyone left the room and I was still glued to my chair. He stood facing the floor to ceiling window and I could only see his silhouette. Logan had thick black hair which screamed RUN YOUR FINGERS THROUGH ME. His eyes were as blue as the Caribbean ocean. He stood just under six feet. 

Me on the other hand... says a lot about me when someone says I look like I'm about to have a heart attack. My thick black hair was like my father's but green eyes like my mother.

"Listen here, Tatiana. You're going to tell your father that it's not necessary for us to get married because I will never marry someone like you. I have a girlfriend who will not be happy when she hears this bullshit. How can you even keep quiet and agree with this? Did you somehow think that I'd go blind or actually think that this might work?"

"Ok." was the only thing I could say because that was all I could formulate at the moment. I was a strong person. I was only 20 years old and being objectified by two old farts and an egoistic asshole.

I got up and started heading to the other room. Before I exited, I turned around to see his expressionless face and said "Judging someone by their looks without getting to know them is just pathetic. And no, I'm not desperate to marry a douche like you. I deserve better. We are not getting engaged not because YOU don't want it, but because I don't want such a fickle man to be my life partner. I can lose weight, but you can't and won't change your character." I closed the door gently.

Walking into the room where the parents were gathered, I made sure to have the best resting bitch face I could.  

"I'll say this once." I stared right at them all. "I am nobody's property. You can't and won't force me to marry the baboon you call your son. I don't mind the repercussions from this, such as cutting me off. If anyone is going to survive, it's going to be me. After all, I hear strippers make a lot of money. Have fun fighting over money and other ridiculous things. But I want nothing to do with anyone." my father's face had turned pale as I talked and my mother couldn't look at me. 

"This conversation is over." I left the room.

 It's time for a change.  I thought to myself.

And it starts tomorrow. After I cry with a bucket of ice-cream.