chapter 29

TATI P.O.V

You know how they say that when you're about to die, your whole life flashes past you? That was a lie. I think it was because I thought I was dying. When in actual fact was that I wasn't. Which was a good thing of course.

After the loud bang that had managed to kill Logan in the head, I had fallen down and went in and out of an unconscious state. I remember being carried then it went blank again. Then I realized I was in a stretcher and Tristan was next to me. I tried with whatever strength I could to move my fingers to grab his hand but I couldn't. That's when I blanked out for real.

Tristan P.O.V

2 days since she's been in what the doctor say an exhausted sleep. Her body was in desperate need of water and she was tube fed. Her once olive skin was now pale and dry. She was so lifeless and it looked as if she was just a corpse. 

The time that she arrived at the hospital, the press was going crazy. The whole floor was cleared and only she was placed here. Extra security personnel were placed on the floor for extra protection and as well as the front of the hospitals to try to minimize the entrance of the photogs. Her parents were here all the time except when the nurses came and forced them to go home. I was an exception seeing that I was her "husband" after all.

I wondered how things would turn out after this. When she finally woke up she would probably want me out of her life anyway. Her parents have agreed to get rid off that stupid contract and my dad agreed on doing the same thing.

They both regretted coming up with such things. All they wanted to ensure was their wealth would stay in the family and not get taken over by the greedy board members. I was actually pretty bummed cause I wanted to stay with Tatiana. To make her happy once in her whole life. She deserved it.

I scooted my chair closer to her bed and held her hand like I always did. I pushed her hair back from her face and smiled. She was perfect to me. I remember all those times I spent bullying her when she was in Italy. She would always get so mad at me but I just wanted her to talk to me. Of course, I had no skills whatsoever in picking up girls when I was 10 years old.

I closed my eyes and leaned against the chair hoping that things would get better.

"Water." I heard and felt something pulling my fingers. I was groggy at first then I realized it was Tati. She was awake. Hurriedly, I poured her a glass of water and quickly alerted the nurses that she was awake. It was around 7 in the morning and her doctor was already on her way. I made sure that her parents were notified.

"What-- happened?" she asked softly.

"The sniper managed to shoot him in the head. But you fell down and hit your head." she just shook her head.

"Ah, Tatiana, you're awake. This is good news for everyone. Especially for your husband. He hasn't left your side unless it was to shower. Trust me that was also a tough thing to get him to do. Now as for your condition. We will monitor you for a few more days just to make sure no infections arise and to get your fluids stable. You were a tough girl. I'll be back later." he closed the chart board and placed it on the hanger.

Her face was emotionless. She turned to me and said "Thank you for everything. I'm sure you have better things to do now that you're awake. Feel free to leave." she then looked away to the television.

"Leave? Why would I do that?" I was shocked.

"We both know that it's just an act. So why bother. No one really cares about me. Everyone just thinks about themselves." her tone started to rise. Just then her parents walked in and so did Anthony.