Chapter 15

Tati P.O.V

Logan never really came back to the office after that. While I still went out with John. I was warming up to him and I was hoping he was feeling the same way about me too. Yet, there was something at the back of my mind saying that I should be careful. It was a consistent nag but I chose to ignore it.

That was until I knew I was a total cow for not listening to my instinct and worst. For not listening to Logan's vague advise. John and I were having lunch at the nearby cafe. He kept texting on his phone and he was really anxious.

"Is everything ok?"

"Umm yea just some stuff back in London that's all." he shrugged it off. Just then the cafe bust open and a VERY pregnant lady walked in and marched to our table.

"So THIS is your idea of a meeting?" the short blonde woman screeched. By then the whole place was quiet and everyone was waiting for a response. The twat John had a pregnant girl?! There were two ways of handling this.

One: Start screaming "Oh my god you're dating me when you have a pregnant girl?!"

or Two: Calmly come up with an excuse and mentally give him the middle finger and yes, break the deal between our companies.

Two sounded pretty good.

"Calm down lady, I'm John's boss. I've been dealing with him since Logan is busy."

"Calm down?! CALM down?! You're a freaking underwear model and you're having lunch with MY fiancee?! I've seen both of you all over the news."

"Listen, I'm out of here. Obviously, you don't TRUST your man enough. RIght now, you just jeopardized his business deal. John, you can kindly speak to Logan where ever the hell he's hiding. As for now, the deal is over. Have a nice day with this shouting hormonal pregnant lady." I said.

As soon as I walked out, I just wanted to walk into a lamp post. Maybe then the pounding headache I had would vanish. The phone started buzzing and it was Anthony.

"What?" I barked.

"Ok, what happened that you sound like a sour puss."

"John has a girlfriend. Correction. Fiancee. She's pregnant. I should have seen it coming." I quipped.

"Where are you? I'll be there in 5." five minutes later I was climbing into his Prius and we were on the way to my apartment. We parked and I noticed all of Logan's cars were there. Acting on pure impulse,  as we stepped out of the elevator, I banged on his door. When it swung open, of course, there was a leggy blonde who answered the door.

"Oh my gosh you're--"

"Yea yea Tatiana Firori. Where's the man whore?" I yelled.

"Tatiana? What are you--"

"You could have told me he was engaged to be married to a PREGNANT lady." 

"Would you have believed me?! After all, you have a very low opinion of me."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean Logan?"

"You know what it means. Stop and think. Would you really have listened to me? Would you? You would have said that I was being delusional and I know nothing of relationships."

"So you chose not to say anything other than to be careful? You'd rather let him CHEAT on her?! I don't even want to know what's going to happen to the company's image."

"Oh please. Like you care about the company's image. You're probably worried about what the media thinks of you." before he could finish that sentence, my hand went across his face and I slapped him. I was surprised I did that.

"Of course I'm worried about what people think of me, Logan. You of all people should know that. I used to be the walking heart attack girl, the fat girl, and god knows what else you came up with. The last thing I want to be known as is a home wrecker. So YOU of all people should know why I care about my image. If you don't return to work tomorrow, I'll make sure my father scrapes off you and your family off." I didn't realize it till I was in my place and Anthony hugged me. I was actually crying.

Naturally, I went to bed crying and thinking about all those romance books I read and just wanting a guy to love me that way. Yeah right, it's the real world and guys like that come once in a blue moon. The next morning, I had a message on my house phone.

"Hello love, it's me, Victoria's Secret called. They need you in a weeks time. You need to be in Paris the next flight out for Chanel, Alexander McQueen and Marc Jacobs.  "

Just what I needed.

A/N: Thoughts? Vote for my baby to potentially win the Wattys2019!! :)