Chapter 36

2 Months later :

"After the fitting you have lunch with your boo then you have to go head downtown for your meeting with Vogue for your upcoming shoot with them." Anthony scrolled through his blackberry.

"Alright." I shook my head as the door opened and I went into the VS building. 

The atmosphere was fun as usual. A little hectic but it was home.

"Tati baby you're here. We're ready for you." The director hugged and kissed my cheeks. He handed me my first piece which was inspired by the Hindu culture. It had gold beads and jewels and the fabric was perfect. My wings were gold  and fanned out behind me. It was pretty heavy but thankfully my exercise paid  off and I didn't feel the weight of it. 

"You look like a god Tati!" the seamtress cooed at me. I loved this feeling where people thought I looked good. I spent most of my life worrying about how I look and I was tortured. Now, things have changed.

The next bra was the million dollar bra. The fabric was Orange in color, and was a halter. It was inspired by Buddha. There was a huge tear drop diamond that hung from the centre. Other jewels such as Opals, rubies and more diamonds were stitched around the cups. It was perfect. They took pictures and made adjustments. 

"You are brilliant darling. We'll call you for the runway test in a few weeks time." he hugged and kissed me.

Anthony ushered me out to the car and I couldn't help but smile at myself. Not only was I doing what I loved, but I was about to see the man I love.

We arrived at the small bistro. Funny thing was, it was up on the 20th floor, but they managed to have an open deck garden. New York really did have the best restaurants even though the space in the city was limited.

Anthony had gone off somewhere else to meet his boyfriend. "Reservation under Mr.Kane." I smiled at the hostess.

"Right this way, Mr.Kane is here already." she led the way.

There he was, out on the deck under one of the umbrellas. He had his laptop open and he was looking through some spreadsheets on the table. He looked so good in his suit which was unbuttoned on the top two buttons and his tie was loosened. Hair ruffled from running through it several times.

As I approached closer, he looked up and the wrinkles on his forehead disappeared, and he smiled. It never failed to make me grow weak in the knees. Immediately he stood up and opened his arms and I hugged him taking in his delectable cologne.

"I missed you baby." he said quietly then kissed me on my forehead.

"I missed you too." I sat and as he cleared his things, the hostess places menus on our table.

"I'll be back when you're ready. Just let me know." and she went off.

"Can't I just eat you instead?" Tristan said smiling at me. The way he said it was so casual but filled with lust also.

I was pretty sure I was blushing like mad "You're such a perv!!!" I laughed.

"You know you love me that way." he winked. 

I loved how we could play with each other this way. We ordered our food and while we were waiting for the food we talked more.

"So how is work? You looked pretty swamped earlier." I asked.

"Not going to lie, but the company is still recovering from whatever mess it was earlier. Stocks took a hit with investors pulling out thanks to Logan, but it is getting better. It will be better in a few weeks." he smiled. I reached across the table and held his hand.