Chapter 12

TATI P.O.V

I was late. So so late. Not for my meeting, but for my kickboxing class. My trainer from New York flew down specially to get me back to shape because I had another shoot in a few weeks time. I hated being late because if I was, I'd have to work extra hard in class and I couldn't afford that because I had a meeting with a really important client.

Apparently the old fart was some major tycoon from London or something. I ran out of my place and into the elevator while clutching my gym bag. I jumped into my Range Rover and drove to the gym centre. He was there already and of course he was flirting it up with the other trainer there.

"Ah.. look who decided to show up." he helped me put on my gloves.

"Lance I am so sorry seriously I overslept--"

"Save it girlie. Let's do this. You gotta push a little bit more today." the training wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He didn't push me to the point where I wanted to curl up in the corner and die. Trust me, I had those times before.

It was already 10 and the meeting was in an hour. When I pulled out my gym bag from the locker and unzipped it, I could have just died. There was only my towel. I didn't bring any change at all. Not only was I a sweaty mess, I had not chance of going back to my place without being late for the meeting.

I called Anthony and he said he'd bring my stuff to the office. I decided to ask the gym to lend me a pair of yoga pants and their tees. I showered and thanked god I at least had my underwear in the bag. I once again drove like a mad woman and headed to the office. There was no way I could enter through the main entrance.g

Everyone would stare at me and Logan would probably find out and give me one of his judge mental looks. Not only that, the client could be in the building already. I went through the janitor's elevators and thankfully that was empty too. The next task was sneaking into my office. Which was a real problem cause everyone would definitely see me.

So I did what I did best. Pretended that nothing was wrong. I walked casually into my office and yes, some people stared at me. Logan's assistant also noticed and I prayed that she wasn't the type who sucked up to her boss.

It seemed like forever for Anthony to come and when he did, he looked as if he was traumatized.

"You have so many clothes. I... I didn't know which to choose. Don't make me do that ever again. I beg you." he even brought my hair iron. Total lifesaver. It was just about 11 and I strode into the board room only to find... John and Logan in it.

"Umm... is the meeting canceled or something?" they stared at me like as if my pencil skirt was not zipped. For a second I actually thought it was.

"Logan? Aren't we supposed to be meeting with some old guy from London?" I asked again. This time they both erupted in laughter.

"What makes you think that the client is an old guy?" Logan asked me trying hard not to laugh again.

"I don't know.. the way he stated some stuff in the documents seemed as if we were dealing with an old experienced guy." then it hit me. The client was from London. John was from London.

"I didn't know you could pick that sort of thing up just by reading documents." John was definitely amused.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to insult you. Mind you, I graduated top of my class at NYU. " I sat down and we began to discuss the matters and what we expected from the publicizing of the product John was trying hard to break through the markets in the US.

"Wow, what happened to your knuckles?" John asked and before I knew it, he picked my hand up and began inspecting my knuckles. I'll admit it.  The touch of a really attractive man sent unbelievable shivers down my spine.