Chapter 16

Tati pov

Twenty missed calls. Seven from Logan, three from John and the rest from god knows who. I wasn't really bothered. My phone was thrown into my luggage and as I set out from my hotel. 

Ah, Paris! It was good to be back. The last time I was here, I was with Logan for the photoshoot thing. 

This time, just as I rounded the corner from my hotel, there she stood. 

In her Chanel tweed skirt with a blouse and the matching tweed jacket. My mother. She was petite and it was clear that my brother and I got our height from our father. My parents had insisted they come down for my show and to my dismay, my father was here too.

"Had a good flight mama?" I kissed both her cheeks.

"Yes, cara. Now, let's go shop shall we?" I thought I'd never hear those words come out from her mouth. I knew the main reason my mother had agreed to come shop with me though. She wanted to dig through my personal life of course. It was unbelieveable that my mother wanted to WALK along Paris and shop.

People think I've been spoilt. You should see my mother. Due to my father's reputation, and his pampering, my mother's clothes get sent to the house and all she needs to do is select whichever she pleases and they charge her for it. For example, Gucci comes out with new dresses and the stores back in LA or NYC know her style so they send the dresses which they think she might like to the house and she chooses.

Spoiled. Bratt. 

But when I think about it, she deserved it. There were a lot of sacrifices that were made to get where they were.

Store one was Bottega Veneta. I was eyeing their famous knot clutches in gold this time since I already had their basic colors.

"So cara. How's the company coming along?" by that she means if I'm hitting on Logan or vice versa. Here's my problem with spilling the beans with my mother. Growing up, she was a strict one. She never talked to me about boys and all she wanted me to do was study. Talks about fashion literally made her shout and she'd say I was not focused.

"Umm... work is good. But Logan has agreed to take care of it from now on. Since I'm busy for the next few weeks." the lady at the counter was already packing my clutch. My mother was silent and I was getting pretty worried. For all I know she's mentally pulling out lists of eligible Italians she knew who was still single.

We walked out and we went across to Hermes. Ah... my favorite. I could use another Birkin in probably yellow or blue.

"So.. he's not in love with you?" I never expected her to be that blunt.

"No, mama. In fact, I'm sure we both hate each other. Now, can we please continue shopping?" one birking bag, 3 new dresses and 3 new pair of shoes later, my mother had concluded that she waas going to set me up with someone.

"No mama I will not go out on a date with whoever. Papa say something!!" I said exasperatedly.

"Honey please, leave her alone. Look at her. She won't have trouble finding a good man." now that's my father.

"I've gotta go get ready see you guys later!" first show was for Marc Jacobs. I arrived at the venue early to see the cat walk and get on to hair and makeup. 2 hours till the show. I was getting my hair done when Anthony walks in.

"Hey, bitch. So everyone in there is gushing about how you receieved the most beautiful bouquet of flowers from the sexiest man ever. Care to explain?" my eyes nearly popped out to that.

"What?! From who?" I nearly jumped out from my seat when my hair stylist told me to give her another 5 minutes so she would be done. When she was done I went into the mae up area which was actually our own little seat which had mirrors. There was a bouquet of yellow, orange, and red tulips. My favorite flower ever. It was in a crystal vase and it had a note on it.