Chapter 58: The Reveal - Part 3: Suzu & Kai

(இ‸ இ ✿)

A/N: Disclaimer- this is about 2.5K+ words, take a break if you need to! & enjoy <3

                                    (இ ‸ இ✿)

Bakugou stared back at Suzu with a pang of familiar guilt now showcasing his face. Unaware, clueless, ignorant, innocent, irritated, guilty; words of how Bakugou feels continued to flow into his head like an endless stream. He wants to apologize, but what for? The I-Island students are forgiving, and always moving forward so his words won't change them now. Yet, his emotions got the best of him.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

Suzu and Kai both looked at Bakugou but stayed quiet. The other people in the room, also stayed quiet not knowing what to say. Bakugou already took what they all wanted to say to Kai and Suzu. The silence turned into a vigil but is quickly interrupted by (Y/n) shuffling on the couch. Both Bakugou and Midoriya flinched in surprised but sighed in relief when (Y/n) didn't wake.

"You knocked her out for a reason," Bakugou's eyes continued to stare down at (Y/n). "Don't tell me she doesn't know about your losses."

Suzu shook his head, "Unfortunately, her shock prevented her from knowing the reality. Memories became distorted, mixing in with their festival's drama play, and last but not least she couldn't handle the news."

Suzu suddenly shut his mouth, knowing he is now spouting too many unorganized facts to the room. Kai took note of this and began speaking for Suzu once more. "I'm sure you all know what is a post-traumatic syndrome disorder. I don't know if you've kept a close eye on us during our time here in UA but if you've noticed, our uniforms are not consistent."

Everyone in the room widened their eyes, now realizing that the I-Island students are wearing different coloured uniforms from when they first came here. "You're right, all of you are wearing blue- navy coloured uniforms when it was blue and red, from what I can remember," Midnight pointed out.

Kai pulled on his collar with his free hand, "yes. We've made adjustments to our lifestyle in order to meet the criteria from (L/n)'s distorted memories."

"What do you mean by that?" Kirishima questioned.

"We're doing all these little things to ease (L/n)'s unreadable stress; essentially to make her comfortable around us. If her memories remember us as wearing these ugly-ass uniforms, then we'll wear these."

"Can you elaborate some more? Does this tie in with what you mentioned about (L/n)'s shock preventing her from knowing the reality," Present Mic looked over to Suzu.

Kai sighed deeply once more, knowing he'll be digging more into their hole of sorrow. "I don't think Suzu will be able to tell you, he's brought too much painful memories." Kai glanced at Suzu who is still holding back tears from Lucas' reveal. "So for the time being, I'll try my best to hold it in while telling you more details."

Aizawa nodded, "we appreciate your determination and your trust with us."

Kai nodded to Aizawa then finally answered Present Mic. "When we were brought to the hospital to be given the news about our friends, we were not only there to receive the news, but to decide something as well. Principal Law was also there, trying to decide on what to do with Axel's last few hours of life. Not only that, but the chief of the police were also discussing what to do with what little they know about the villain."

"This all leads to Axel's existence 'till now, does it?" Kirishima realized.

"No. This was not our intention from the start," Kai quickly rejected Kirishima.