Chapter 13: Lousy Kisser

(˵◕ ɛ ◕˵✿)

Back to the Flood Zone

Kai was getting fed up from the continuous loop of Suzu using his quirk to push both Kai and Axel away from (Y/n) as she tries to escape the flood zone. An idea graciously popped into his head and instantly grinned like a maniac. Axel felt the sudden change in behaviour from his partner, who all-together stopped moving. He tilted his head towards his partner to communicate with Kai underwater but instead, he was faced with a malicious glare that gave a trail of goosebumps on his back.

'Uh-oh,' thought Axel.

Suzu and (Y/n) was still on their guard even though their opponents have stopped pursuing them for some reason. (Y/n) furrowed her brows and nudged Suzu on his side. (Y/n) pointed to an opening away from their opponents. Suzu understood right away and opened his palms to trigger his quirk. The water around them started to swirl and began to push the duo towards the opening.

Axel was the first to notice Suzu and (Y/n) to move and used his quirk to blast himself towards them. He powered up his blasters on the sole of his feet and began to trail his classmates just a few metres away. Surprisingly, Kai did not follow his three classmates and decided to swim to the surface. Once his head popped out of the water, he also activated his quirk and attempted to control the water. Closing his eyes in concentration, the water began to encircle his arms. Sweat began to appear on his forehead since he had never tried to control a large body of substance before.

Soon after, (Y/n) and Suzu both emerged from the water. Luckily for Kai, both of his classmates were directly in front of him. Even though they were a bit far, he felt confidence surge through his body as he was about to do something he has never done before. Kai gritted his teeth at the intensity of controlling a huge mass of water and finally had the chance to unclench his fist as he felt more comfortable controlling it.

With a hard stare, he thrust his arms out of the water. And just like his movements, the water also travelled upwards forming a form of a geyser. Everyone within Kai's range was shot up along with the water.

Kai screamed to release some muscle tension while using his quirk. After shooting his three classmates up into the air, he clicked on his blue communicator in his ears and gave orders to Axel.

"Now's your chance to grab the bird, you damn cyborg!"

After Axel receiving the message, he simply activated his quirk once again and blasted his way through the water to shorten his distance between himself and (Y/n).

(Y/N) POV

"(L/n)-san!" Suzu yelled after you as you began to descend to the ground.

The sudden attack had left you quite in shock. You could only watch as Suzu used his quirk to try and catch you before you fell back into the flood zone. His arms stretched out grabbing your waist before you both could hit the ground.

The sudden direct contact startled you and had accidentally let go of the robot bird. Just as you two entered the water again, Axel also blasted his way over to both of you and managed to catch the robot bird before it flew away again. As soon as he snatched it, he threw it over to Kai, who in return rushed towards where their Professor was.

Suzu brought the two of you back to the surface. You both gasped for air but quickly panicked after realizing that you let go of the bird. Glancing around, you saw Kai running towards the Professor with the bird in hand.

"Suzu-san! They have the bird!"

"I know! I see that!" Suzu screamed back.

He frantically took both of you out of the water and thought hard for a moment. His eyes glanced over to you, seriousness coating his eyes.