Chapter 53: Dread

( ᵒ̴̶̷̥  ‸ ᵒ̴̶̷̣̥  ✿)

The smell of fresh-cut grass. The warmth of the sun's kiss on your skin. The birds chirping beautiful melodies. You slowly opened your eyes as you felt someone tap both of your hands. You looked up to the person, witnessing the most peaceful smile showcased to you. The cherry blossoms that fell around the both of you, making the atmosphere serene.

"Wake up, (Y/n)-chan," he smiled at you.

He took back his hands and watched you slowly sit up from your spot. You looked at him, wondering why he woke you up from your nap.

"(Y/n)-chan, if you don't wake up we won't have time to play with each other," he says softly, widening his smile.

You look up to him, blinking slowly trying to adjust from your newly awakened state.

"You'll play with me, right? (Y/n)-chan?" he tilted his head, almost too far to the right. His face is brought closer to you, and you finally read the madness on his eyes.

And with a lower voice, he repeated. You'll play with me, right?

Play with me, (Y/n)-chan.

Play with me.

(Y/n)-chan.

You backed away from the person by shoving his right shoulder harshly. He winced and held his shoulder but his stare did not deter. You stared back seeing your reflection in their eyes.

It was you, but it holds no resemblance of the current look you know you have. You saw yourself covered in blood, crying as you screamed silently. The person in front of you suddenly grabs your arms, crushing your forearms in a deathly grip.

"You'll play with me right?! (Y/n)-chan!? Just like how I played with Lucas!? Right (Y/n)-chan!?"

And without even giving you a single second to marinate everything the person just said, he moved his hands to your neck, now choking you with murderous eyes. You felt goosebumps paint your arms as you watched his lips draw a villainous smile. The choke tightened tenfold, making you struggle to breathe for air. You felt pricks scatter all over your face as seconds pass by, but you didn't miss what the person whispered to your right ear.

"Can't you see? I'm your dear Lucas, (Y/n)-chan. Play with me."

Then— everything went dark and you can feel the similar hold previously on your forearms again.

You felt your voicebox cry as you woke up startled. The person in front of you holding you by your forearms— you buckled your legs, trying to kick them away from you; to rid of their hold on your arms.

"(L/n)-san! (L/n)-san! It's me! Calm down!"

You inhaled sharply, stopping all your muscles from moving. You dared to not move as your eyes stared directly into the warmth of a pair of brown eyes that held of high concerns.

"Calm down, (L/n)-san! It's me, Axel!" Axel screamed at you with worry bound to each word.

You momentarily stopped breathing, but Axel tapped your arms with reassurance.

"Breathe (L/n)-san. You can do it," he instructed you with a stern voice.

You let out one shaky breath and finally relaxed in his hold. He finally let go and kneeled in front of you. Everything around Axel is white and hazy, but you can feel the cushion under you; you were probably sitting on a couch. And you can feel something attached to the back of your hands, you wondered what it is but Axel prevented you from thinking any further.