Chapter 33: Frustrations

(◔◡◔✿)

(Y/N) POV

As you continued to chat with Suzu over the phone, you glanced over to your right. Principal Nezu and Power Loader, the teacher in UA's support district, stood by your hospital bed listening into your conversation with Suzu. The phone is on speaker while the three of you watched the surveillance camera in UA's cafeteria. It is live of course, and you can distinctly see Suzu crying over the phone while he chatted with you.

It surprised you how he sounded quite normal over the phone, but to the camera, he was a complete sobbing mess as Axel comforted him. It also surprised you how Suzu is the first person who became more confrontational than Axel or Kai towards Bakugou.

You pressed the mute button over the phone.

"Who did you say Bakugou is, Principal Nezu?"

Principal Nezu looked over to you, "he overheard the girls who harassed you talking about the rooftop."

You nodded, "I see, that means he could have prevented what has happened to me."

Power Loader nodded, "precisely. And that is also why your classmate there is making a ruckus in the cafeteria."

You sighed and pressed the unmute button on the phone again, "it could've been worse," you muttered lowly to yourself.

You glanced over to the camera again, and your eyes trail to the group of girls who have humiliated you. You clenched your fists, wanting to tell Suzu to exit the cafeteria, to get away from them.

Principal Nezu sensed your uneasiness and pressed the mute button once more, "you can see them don't you?"

You nodded, "yes."

"Will you tell us who did it?" Power Loader carefully asked.

"(L/n)-san? Are you still there?" Suzu asked over the phone.

You pressed the unmute button and did not answer Power Loader.

"Yes, I'm here," you answered Suzu instead.

"Are you sure you're okay (L/n)-san?"

"I..." you paused, "May I see the three of you?" you asked with tears suddenly welling up your left eye.

Suzu didn't answer, but you can hear Axel and Kai making some grunting noises. You looked over to the monitor and can see Suzu grabbing both Axel and Kai by their heads and squishing them together in front of the little phone. Your eyes went back to your phone:

Axel Calling...

You wiped your left eye just in case and accepted the call. Both the phones took a few seconds to connect, and soon after it did you were met with a puffy-eyes Suzu, Axel's head getting squished in between Suzu and Kai, and last but not least Kai wearing his usual frowny face and trying to rid of Suzu's fingers locked to the side of his head.

"Say hi! It's (L/n)-san!"

"How can I if both of you have your hairs all over me eyes!"

"Let go, you nerd!"

You almost giggled at their childish antics and watched in interest how they portrayed themselves to you. However, they all stopped talking to each other and just stared at you, almost awestruck.

"Are my eyes deceiving me?" asked Axel as he blinked abnormally slow.

You cocked your head at his question and watched them gape at you.