Chapter 10: Unexpected Apologies

.。*゚+.*.。(❁'◡'❁)。.。:+*

THE NEXT DAY

Everyone was in their designated classes in the morning, even though we are collaborating with other schools in the hero-teamwork project we are still tending to our normal academics. Of course, each school has its own classrooms, which is quite impressive since UA has lots of spare rooms for each school. It was a bit odd for I-Island Academy though, with only four students who were provided with a ton of classroom space. No one is complaining which you found rather odd, especially with Suzu and Kai. You wanted to check up on them after staying a night in their dorms with other people, but with their irritated faces, you decided not to.

Axel was also on the edge the whole time as he has seen how quickly irritable and sensitive his two classmates were. Professor Blight clapped his hands, "Alright everyone, I want everyone to go grab lunch right now. We will be going to USJ far earlier than the other heroics classes."

You arched your eyebrow, "Why?" you asked from your seat.

"If you haven't noticed we've completely stopped doing our warm-ups."

You nodded and stood up, everyone else did the same and headed down to the cafeteria. You were glad to be back to your regular routines. No IV Drips attached to you, no ice cubes falling out of your mouth whenever you talked, and no bruises on your face. It was a good day for now. Everyone exited the classroom and headed towards the cafeteria. The walk through the corridors was very quiet, with only the sound of footsteps dragging onto the clean floors. You of course with a peg-leg, sounded like you were walking with a cane. Kai rolled his eyes, "can you get any louder than this, you one-legged idiot?"

You looked behind your back to glare at him, "Say that to my face dirty hands," you challenged.

Its been a while since the two of you insulted each other, but you guessed since no one else was around the four of you can treat each other normally; unlike in the cafeteria yesterday. Kai smirked but Suzu massaged the bridge of his nose, "I wonder if there will be a day when you two would actually call each other by your actual names."

"You mean one-eyed freak?" Kai pushed on.

You abruptly stopped walking and faced Kai with your right fist clenched. "Does it hurt to call me anything but insults?" you say with gritted teeth. They may not know of your insecurities but hell, you hated it when people pointed out your injuries. Axel placed his hand on one of your shoulders as a reassurance, "now now you two, let's not make too much racket. Were still in the hallways," he gulped. Suzu looked at Axel with a knowing look. They both secretly nodded at each other preparing themselves to break a fight that might occur between you and Kai.

"Tch, says you," Kai smirked.

Something snapped in your head and you slammed your forehead against his, in an instant, your left eye held a glare as if challenging him to continue. Kai also wore the same look at you, "feeling pretty confident now are we one-leg?"

"Shut your mouth Weird hands."

"Squinty eyes."

"black-haired freak."

"Idiot!"

"Stupid!"

"Don't copy me!"

And just before you could insult back to him the two of you didn't notice a person towering both of you. "Care to explain what's going on here?" the figure says with a glint in their eyes.

You saw Axel and Suzu trembling behind the figure and Kai recognized the figure as Class 1-A's Aizawa-Sensei. The two of you broke contact with each other's forehead and tried to avoid making eye contact with each other.