Chapter 38: Fever

ヾ(^ヮ^)ノ

The walk to the nurse's office was quite silent after the whole exchange with Midoriya's name. (Y/n) continued to glance at the painfully obvious pink cheeks Midoriya wore.

'Maybe he's embarrassed he forgot his name?' (Y/n) quietly thought. Even though it was unlikely that Midoriya thought that, it was pretty close to what he was thinking about.

Midoriya wanted to groan out loud at his clumsiness. He wanted to just grab a handful of his hair and mess it up! He knew that he can barely talk to girls. It took him a few weeks to openly talk to the girls in his class, specially Uraraka! For All might's sake, he didn't even have the guts to reply to Uraraka when they first met! But this, almost calling (Y/n) cute. He wanted to cut his tongue off and sulk in the corner.

'Now (Y/n) thinks I need to go to the clinic for forgetting my name, I'm so stupid,' Midoriya thought.

(Y/n) blinked again at Midoriya at the now changing facial expression he wore. It was as if a blue dark cloud had appeared on top of his head and made him gloomy.

"You sure do have a lot in mind, Cu-san," (Y/n) finally spoke up.

Midoriya looked at (Y/n) with animated wide eyes and a blush formed again.

"Cu-san!?"

"Yes, you did say that first earlier," (Y/n) replied sheepishly.

Midoriya slumped finding it hard to speak properly to the girl. "And besides," (Y/n) added. "I think Cu suits you."

"Eh?"

"Did you know it means dog in Ireland? And you sort of remind me of a dog... with the way you act. Maybe a fluffy small poodle if it's fur was dyed green," (Y/n) explained.

And before Midoriya could fully react to what he just heard, (Y/n) stopped walking and looked at Recovery Girl's clinic. "Well, we're here Cu-san."

"Y-yeah, um you go ahead, I just need a moment," Midoriya muttered while still facing the end of the hallway.

(Y/n) did not question Midoriya any further and went inside the clinic. And as soon as Midoriya knew he was in the clear, he let his shoulder shake uncontrollably as he clutched his blazer on top of his rapidly beating heart.

"C-c-cute!" Midoriya squealed a little too loud.

Midoriya gasped in horror and quickly clamped his mouth with his hands.

'Oh no! Did she hear!?' Midoriya immediately thought.

(Y/N) POV

After walking towards the cupboards to Recovery Girl's clinic, you heard an unknown sound coming from the hallway. You quickly went back to where you entered and saw Midoriya still standing in the middle of the hallway.

"Are you alright?"

Midoriya slowly looked back at you with evident sweat at the side of his face. He looks shaken up.

"U-um... Uh..."

You shook your head, "Jeez, how are you in the hero course if you're this embarrassed all the time? You need to be more confident like All Might!"

You took his right sleeve and dragged him inside the clinic. You faced away from him, "Recovery Girl is not here right now, so we should leave a note with whatever we need to take from her clinic."

Midoriya did not reply to you as you let go of your hold on his right sleeve. "What do you need to get, Cu-san?"

You looked at him, waiting for a response but he did not reply again. "Did you lose connection with your brain or something, Cu-san?"