Chapter 12: Naval Battle

(✿◕ 𐤿◕)            

Manoeuvring his body to the right, which was clearly your blind spot due to your eye-patch and peg-leg, Axel took a swing to your head but you quickly blocked his punch by your arms on instinct.

You gave a pained grunt, "tch, so predictable that you would go for my blind spot," you commented.

After the comment left your mouth, your arms wrapped around the extended robot arm that was quite easy for you to grab. Turning on your heel you throw Axel over your head and slammed him onto the ground before he could reply to you. As soon as his back made contact with the ground he let out a pained gasp.

You cheered in your head and headed towards where Suzu was. You were quick on your feet, but already heard the familiar sound of Axel's blasters going off on his feet. In a matter of seconds, Axel was back on his feet and was heading towards you. Not having enough time to dodge his incoming speed you felt a sharp jab on your right side and slipped on your footing.

It didn't help that the location was a landslide, so of course, you had to accidentally roll down the landslide. Dirt was the only thing that you could see as you went down the scape before an invisible force stopped you from going any further. You sat up and saw that Suzu's palms were facing towards you from afar as he faced off Kai. He managed to control the pressure around your body to halt your movements.

You regained composure and communicated with Suzu.

"Thank you, Suzu-san!"

"Don't thank me yet, the bird is in the middle of the landslide! I'll hold back Kai and watch out for Axel's sneak attacks!" he replies as soon as he sees you regaining your balance once more.

The bird perched onto a piece of the boulder in the middle of the landscape and chirped without a care in the world. Its head jolting from side to side as it observes any incoming students. You were in a pickle, not only will you struggle walking through the landscape with your peg-leg but you also had to avoid Axel who is targeting you. You shook off any lingering doubts and decided to go for it.

'There's no time for hesitation!' you convinced yourself.

You began to sprint towards the bird, occasionally sliding down due to the debris and soft ground, but was still in hot pursuit of the bird who hasn't looked your way yet. You didn't want to take the risk of the bird spotting you earlier so you've decided to go for broke and do a long jump to catch the bird while it is still peacefully perching on the boulder. As soon as your foot and peg left the ground Axel has also spotted you and raced to grab the bird.

The bird took notice of Axel first and reacted by fluttering into the air facing the opposite direction of where Axel was. Fortunately for you, the bird met you halfway into your jump and you snatched the bird with your left hand before it could fly away from you. You landed onto the ground with a painful thud and felt Axel land next to you.

Not wanting to lose the bird quickly, you finally activated your quirk and set a flame barrier between yourself and Axel by setting your right arm aflame and waving your arm around. He hesitated and backed away, but the sudden change of light and sounds in the land zone caused your other two classmates to look over to you two. Suzu grinned upon seeing you holding the bird, but accidentally let go of Kai in his hold.

"Suzu-san you idiot!" you screamed when you saw Kai escape from your partner's hold. Kai headed towards you with an imaginably scary expression plastered on his face.

"Give me the damn bird you (h/c)-haired freak!"

"(L/n)-san! Run towards the other zone!" Suzu desperately screamed.