Chapter 39: Granola Bar or Seafood Udon?

\(◕ ワ ◕✿)

(Y/N) POV

As soon as Recovery Girl left the clinic, you quickly jumped to your feet to grab some protein bars in Recovery Girl's desk. You took three protein bars and slowly walked back to Midoriya. You sat down on Recover Girl's office chair and decided to study his face out of boredom.

Your stomach grumbled unhappily as you tear one of the granola bars slowly. You munched on it tastily as flavours accumulated in your taste buds.

"Mmhm," you hummed happily.

Your eyes trailed on Midoriya's pale face and started to wonder why he even fainted in the first place.

"I guess people faint when they get their fevers?" you talked to yourself.

You continued to munch on your protein bar while looking to Midoriya's face. And before you know it, his eyes began to flutter open. Of course, he was as flustered as ever when he woke up to see you staring at him but didn't question any further after you gave him one of the protein bars you took from Recovery Girls' drawer.

The room became quiet except for the occasional crunch from the protein bars. You did not mind it at all, and you felt your headache slowly vanishing as you opened another granola bar.

"Hey, um, (L/n)-san?" Midoirya asked.

You looked at his direction.

"Um, well, uh, would you like to um..." Midoriya started.

"Hm?"

His face turned a nice shade of pink again, and you instantly knew you had to stop him from talking. So you ended up placing your fingers on your lips to gesture him to stop talking.

"Cu-san, it'll be best if you don't finish that line of yours for now. Your fever is coming back," you pointed out.

"Eh?"

Before you could explain to Midoriya some more about his fever, the door of the clinic suddenly swung open. Both you and Midoriya looked to the door to see who entered, but before you could process who it was in the first place, you felt someone drag you out of the clinic by force.

They successfully dragged you out of Recovery Girls' office by pulling your hand to whatever way they wanted. You blinked rapidly trying to focus your sight again to the whole new scenery you're being dragged into. And as your sight began to clear again, you noticed the familiar jet-black hair and your academy's uniform on the said person who is pulling you.

"What are you doing?" you called out to him.

He didn't reply, which is pretty normal, but the tightening grip on your hand? Nope.

"Your grip!" you grunted in pain. Normally it would have been fine, but the acquired injuries of your hand from your assault made it especially hard to resist any new pain. Kai immediately stopped walking and let go of your hand. You, of course, not knowing he stopped walking bumped into his back as you did with Midoriya a few minutes ago.

You held your face, wanting to rub your nose from the impact. But Kai quickly got a hold of your wrist mid-air, stopping your action mid-way. Kai slouched a little staring directly into your eyes. You met another shade of green pair, but much more cold in colour compared to Midoriya's warm eyes. Yet, in Kai's eyes held more worry rather than it's usual smug look.

"Are you alright?"

You blinked, finding yourself lost in his stare, but you shook your head to shake yourself awake.