Chapter 3.4 Professors

Kristen's POV

By Still_living_dead

My alarm went off waking me from my slumber rather abruptly. "Be quiet" I said, but in sleep language it came out as 'Ughh'. I grabbed my phone and checked for any messages etc not expecting any but just being hopeful. With no result, I sat up and started getting ready I grabbed my uniform from the bottom off my bed and ran to the bathroom to shower and change. Afterwards I put on my eyeliner and started looking for my straightners. "Shit!" I said a bit too loudly, we were all awake but I tend to avoid swearing. I covered my mouth then tried to think what happened; I realised and made a mental note to ask my dad to send them to me. I used my age old trick and heated my hands slightly and literally hand straightened my hair, I then ran out the room with a quick 'see ya' to the girls grabbing my schedule I had a quick look to see my first room, lesson and teacher before running to the class. Thankfully I didn't get lost, as soon as I entered the class I ran to the back. The teacher gave a big announcement that I didn't really listen to, and then he started handing round supplies.

"Miss Evans, I would prefer you listen to me talk in future."

I sat up abruptly. "Yes sir." The lesson was pretty boring from I listened to of it, anyway. Social Studies was ok, I ran to Music happily. Professor Bell was pretty cool; I sat at my desk next to a girl with a girl who had blonde and black hair and bright blue eyes. "Hi I'm Kristen." I introduced myself.

"Oh hey I'm Blair."

"So how you liking it here?"

"It's alright, it's something new."

"You got that right." I smiled. The rest of the day was pretty normal, no one treated me like a freak, and I actually felt normal. Cooking was fun, we just learnt the basics. Finally it reached last lesson, gym this would be the hardest lesson for me. I'm not super strong but if I lose track off my feelings and/or get extremely worn out; my powers start to have a mind of their own. This can be quite awkward, because it's not considered normal when you're worn out in gym and need a drink so you think about water and accidently create a ball off water...

I changed quickly and we met the teacher, she looked like she worked out a lot. She just showed the equipment and told us what we would be doing this term then we had a small game of netball. By the end of it I hadn't revealed my powers by accident so I was on a slight high by the time we had Study Hall. It was a new thing for me so I wasn't sure what to do, I went in and no one seemed to be doing much. It was more like 'do nothing hall' then 'study hall' I saw an available seat and took it, not looking at who was next to me. "Hey, again I guess. I'm Chase." I turned to the voice and I'm pretty sure I turned bright red. It was the guy from the hall yesterday, I realized I was staring and quickly answered.

"Hi, I'm erm, er, Kristen." I said quickly.

"You sure about that?" He joked. I giggled a bit, and then blushed deeply.

"Yeah, pretty sure. Let me do that again?" I questioned. "I'm Kristen Alice Evans." I said before he could answer. "That was even worse wasn't it?"

"It was fine, so do you want to talk?" smiled, it was a really cute smile.

"We are talking." I could feel my hands heating, but ignored it stupidly. Suddenly my notepad caught alight slightly. I quickly put it out with a mixture of air and water, I didn't think he noticed.

"So where are you from, Kristen?"

"England, London to be precise. How about you?"

"California, Huntington Beach."

"Nice, I bet it's super sunny there." I sighed dreamily. I love my country and all but it wasn't exactly super hot, and it tends to rain quite a bit.

"Yeah it is."

"So... you got a girlfriend yet? I bet all the girls are just dying to get with you." I said, and then covered up my mouth quickly. "I err, sorry. I'm not being mean. I'm just wondering. Not like I fancy you or anything, I mean you're like super hot and I really like you and... I should just shut up now..." I blushed and mentally swore at my mouth for saying that and my mind for thinking it. He just smiled knowingly and before he could reply I took out my iPod and put my music on, it started playing 'Stupid Girls' by P!nk, I found it rather fitting for me at the moment. I felt super stupid I checked no one was looking and decided to have a bit off fun with the elements, it always calmed me down. I like to mix and match them just to see the result. I thought I might as well make it smell fresher in the class so I settled on Earth, Air and Water. It smelt like the country side just a bit fresher and more forest than manure. So a lot fresher really, I sat there with this small green ball of mist and water in my hands I felt pretty awesome after that. After Study Hall Chase offered to walk me back to my dorm, I couldn't refuse it considering our dorms are next to each other so I agreed.

"So what was that back there?"

"What was what?"

"You set your notepad on fire by touching it."

"Oh. Damn, I didn't think you saw. I control the elements. I know I sound crazy, that's why I avoid talking to people. It tends to set my emotions of and crazy things happen. It started when I was younger; I got angry with my mum and imagined her burning. I went to church often so you know the burning in hell thing. Anyway... I got angry and then poof! Fire, it was all over the news. I don't think it went worldwide but it was pretty big back home. This school is like my last chance, please don't tell anyone. I don't want to go back home, I have to live with my mum and my aunt and cousin have just moved in. My dad only gets me every other week when I'm at home so I don't see him as often but they all think I'm crazy. I'm sorry I should stop talking. Shouldn't I?" He just grinned and we carried on walking till we arrived at the dorms. "Well bye, Chase." I smiled.

"Bye, Kristen." I went in to my room then jumped onto my bed with totally mixed emotions. I was happy, because I talked to him but freaked out because well he talked back and didn't treat me like a freak. And also upset because I still haven't gotten control over my emotions. 'Is this what normal feels like?' I questioned myself before grabbing my diary and writing the whole day in it. Smiling widely.

=========================

Hope you enjoyed :3