I Have Lost the Game

Patrick ran up the church. It was just as he remembered. Rain. Beautiful roses. But this time, he was the one crashing it.

"And if anyone was to say no to this wedding—" the wedding guy said. Patrick ndoded.

He lept through the glass-stained windows. Shattering them. And landed straight in the middle of the red carpet. The church was mostly empty, because neither of them had like any friends. It was just Francis. And Alex brought his dog. But it was a day they wouldn't forget.

"Alex!" he yelled.

All his friends. Taylah. Miku. Vicky (Well not really she isn't a friend). Sharon. Dr Femia. Angus. Ryan Russell. His daughter Tayla. Were all looking at him.

"I...I still love you!"

And they all gasped.

Alex shook his head. "Patrick don't—!"

"Isn't it funny? You did the same thing to my wedding all those years gao. With Alec."

They chuckled. Alex never laughed when he was with Maddy but when he's with Patrick... well the whole world seemed to change.

"But patrick you can't ruin this day for me. This is too important,"

"Didn't stop you,"

They walked towards each other. So many flashbacks. But his weedding was a lot more full. Because they had more friends.

Alex caressed his cheek. It fet right to do that. And Patrick ran his hands down his neck and to his back like they used to do in bed.

"And you know what we were supposed to win?"

"What?"

"The game of love>'

Instantly, death, orchestra music fills the air as Maddy reached for her gun and shot Alex in the back. Blood sputtered out of him like a dying put put, and Patrick felt all the depression weight down on him.

"No! NO NO ALEX NO!!!!"

Miku instantly lunged at Maddy, making her topple backwards. She fell onto a candle, and it stars to light the whole church on fire!

And Maddy burns to death. She screams and screams but no one helps her because she's a fucing whore. I hate you. WHy'dyou do this to Palex. I FUCKING HATE YOU.

"Die bitch," Patrick spits. But then he notices that Alex isn't standing back up. So he lowers himself.

"I wish...I wish in my dying moments, we could've been together," Alex whispers blood coming out of his mouth.

"But we can. I'm gnna be with you. Trust me,"

Alex laughed. "I knew this was gonna happen. I was only with Maddy because she had a working lung. I wasdying anyways Patrick. I had lung cancer."

"This is why I told you to stop smoking," Patrick chuedkl through tears.

And they embraced.

"We gotta get outta here! The church is burning down!" sharon yells. "COme on Patrick! Let's go!'

"I-I can't! Alex is here and I can't leave him!'

"Alex is dying. COme on."

"I SAID," and he stood up, fire coming out of his hands. "NO!!!!"

He thrusted his hands into the air and the whole church was complretely inflamed with fire. It engulfed the whole building. Everything was burning down.

"Wait the door won't open!" Taylah said, trying to kick it down.

"What do you mean?" Vicky stammered, crying.

Everything was burning. Clothes. THe ceiling. The buildin. And the now people.

But patrick couldn't hear anything. Fire filled his ears and all he could hear was his own anger. WHY WAS LIFE LIKE THIS TO HIM? ALL HE WANTED WAS LOVE BUT HE LOST ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. HIS LIFE WAS NEVER RIGHT. NO ONE UNDERSTOOD HIM. ALL HE WANTED WAS TO SETTLE DOWN WIT ALEX.

He screamed. Then collapsed to his knees. And cried.

"Patrick..." Alex mumbled. And all he could do was think about how it all began with Truth or Dare. How it all began with Taylah daring them to kiss. Then this all happened. If Taylah just hadn't dared them.Maybe then, the whole world would've been different. He would never know.

"You lost..." he said.

I stammered. "What?"

I looked around me and everything was charcoal. All my friends. The whole building. MY own daughter. Everything was gone. I had .... I had done something bad.

"You lost," Alex repeated. "You lost...the game."

He died in my arms. I crumbled into a million pieces.

"Alex? Alex?! ALEX?!"

His eyes were still so rogeous even if he was dead. Who knows what would've happened if I could go back, knowing what I know now? How different things would've been. Maybe the world would've been a happier, safer place if Alex and I were never together.

And yet I cherished everything he did for me. He was everything to me. And we had so many memories I'd never forget, that would stick with me forever.

I looked above me, the sky still grewy. But then. A miracle happened.

The rain had stopped pouring for the first time in 15 years/