Welcome to the Black Parade

Everyone was wearing black that day. It was Maddy's funeral. Alex felt sad. He kind of caused Maddy's death, in one way or another. If he had checked his Snapchat, like he did for Patrick, maybe she would've been alive. But he wouldn't know now.

Patrick held onto Alex's hand in the church. It surprised Alex. They didn't need words between them, because he knew. He knew that Patrick loved him.

Vicky was standing by the podium at the front of the church. She was going to give a speech for Maddy's death.

"Maddy was my best friend," Vicky started, and everyone started to cry. "I'm going to miss her so much. Her flute playing, to her cooking, all the way to her weird dancing. I'm going to miss her so much."

Everyone clapped as she sat down. Alex held onto Patrick's hand too as he cried because he needed someone there. When the whole funeral finished, they went outside again to eat some small refreshments.

The whole group had stopped crying, and instead, they attempted to make some small talk.

"Yeah, you gave a good speech out there," Taylah said, adding to the small, still conversation they were having.

Alex suddenly took Patrick by the hand and led them away from the group. Patrick was startled, as well as the rest of the group, but he followed anyways.

"What's up?" Patrick asked awkwardly. He had been upset all day.

"I felt that," Alex said dramatically. "In there. When you held my hand."

Patrick flustered and looked away, "I was just trying to support you."

"We should get back together," Alex suggested. The taller boy looked at him, shocked.

"What?"

"I think I'm ready for us to be together. Officially."

Patrick was so overjoyed that he jumped on Alex, grabbing him by the neck and pulling him towards him. Their lips crash together messily as Patrick was pushed against the wall. Patrick could feel his body shudder. Like his heart, that seemed to patch up instantly.

They were finally back together. Palex. Once again.