The Final Countdown

Alex and I showed up at the lighthouse. It was supposed to be our last stop for the holiday, but we didn't expect it to be here like this.

Alec, Zane and Glenn all stood at the top of the hill, right next to the lighthouse. Right next to them were all my friends. Tyler, Taylah, Miku, Maddy and Vicky. I reached for my gun in my back pocket, but stopped myself.

I walked towards them, squinting my eyes.

"You came," Alec said, a joking tone to his words. "But you brought your little boyfriend."

"He's my finance," I corrected. "And the love of my life."

Alec sneered confidently.

"Is this going to be a duel?" I asked, tensing my muscular arms.

"If you want it to be."

Dooweeyooweeyoo wa wa waaaaa

Dooweeyooweeyoo wa wa waaaaaaa

I walked up to him, our backs pressing up against each other. I got reminded of his back felt like, how strong and sculpted it was. In some ways I missed it. In other ways, I knew how fucked up it was

Dooweeyooweeyoo wa wa wa waaaaa

Dooweyooweeyoo wa wa waaaaa

I quickly hid on the other side of the car, shielding myself from all his gunshots. Alex was next to me.

"Leave us alone!" Alex yelled. Alec just laughed.

"Never!" he shot us again. He missed.

"How did you find us?" my fiance yelled, getting his own gun. He shot Glenn, hitting his upper arm. Glenn got out his own gun, shooting the window of our car.

"Patrick's wedding ring has a tracker," Alec said confidently. The couple looked at each other.

"You...what?" Alex snapped. Then everything hit him all at once. "Why are you carrying around Alec's wedding ring?"

"I-I'm not," I defended myself. Glenn shot for us again, and as I flinched, my old wedding ring toppled out of my jacket pocket. It was all dirty now.

"PATrICK!" he boomed angrily. "What the fuck?!"

"It's not what it looks like!" i said. About to cry, mimicking the rain that was pouring around us.

"Do you want to be with him?!" he shouted. I shook my head.

"I just want to be with you!"

"Well you obviously don't."

Alex got up and walked off. I tried to run after him, but Glenn and Alec's gun shots stopped me in my tracks.

I shot directly at Alec's chest, twice. He fell backwards, crying out in pain.

"AleC!" Zane shouted, cradling him. "It's going to be okay. We'll make it out alive."

"Zane..." he whiserped. But then he looked over to Patrick. "Patrick..."

"Stop fucking looking at him!" Zane exclaimed, mad. He shot Patrick right in the leg, making him stumble. This was the first time he had failed to land a perfect backflip.

"Zane, stop!" Alec tried to stop him.

"I-I thought you were trying to kill him..." Zane said, dropping the gun. He was crying, like the rain pouring down on him.

"I don't know what I'm doing."

The sky lit up with a sudden bolt of lightning, the thunder shaking the earth.

"I have to finish this," Alec said as he stood, shaking Zane off. "PATRIIIICK!!!" he yelled into the darkness, lightning exposed the lovers in the darkness, turned to face him, Alec fired off four shots into the black, he didn't care who they hit.

One way or another, one of the Al's wasn't going to make it out of this.

"Get out of here," Alec said to his goons.

"But sir, they'll kill you!" Glenn said with dispair.

"GET. OUT."

He growled. Zane and Glenn reluctantly slunk away into the shadows, the rain washing away their footsteps.

"It's just the three of us now! No tricks, no games, this isn't about love anymore. It's about what's right!" Alec yelled, lightning revealed that Alex stood alone, and when it flashed again he stood mere metres away from him.

Alec chuckled, "Come on then, let's see what you're made of," he said to his rival, they tossed their guns aside.

It was like chapter 2, except a lot more intense. It was just him and Alex. Nothing in their hands. No weapons but their hearts.